Instant Pot ground turkey teriyaki rice bowls is the best Instant Pot recipe!
It has all of those delicious Asian teriyaki flavors we all love and is paired with ground turkey.
You can make this dinner in no time and still enjoy the great flavor that the Instant Pot develops. This has quickly become one of our favorite family dinners to make.
If you are just beginning your Instant Pot journey, or even an avid user of your Instant Pot, you will definitely want to take a look at our list of 27 of The Best Instant Pot Ground Beef Recipes. They are extremely easy to follow and are extremely tasty meals!
Ingredients Needed For Instant Pot Ground Turkey Teriyaki Rice Bowls:
- Low sodium soy sauce
- Rice vinegar
- Brown sugar
- Minced garlic
- Ground ginger
- Olive oil
- Ground turkey
- Chopped broccoli
- Red bell pepper
- Green onions
- Sesame seeds
- Cooked rice
How To Make Instant Pot Ground Turkey Teriyaki Rice Bowls Recipe:
Get out your Instant Pot and add in the soy sauce, water, rice vinegar, brown sugar, sugar, garlic, and ground ginger to the inner pot.
Press the SAUTE button on the Instant Pot and mix everything together with a whisk as the sauce heats up.
While that is heating up, mix together the cornstarch and water in a small mixing bowl.
When the sauce begins to bubble add in the cornstarch and water mixture and whisk it together until the sauce begins to thicken.
Once the sauce is thickened, pour it in a small bowl and set it aside.
Be sure to use an oven mitt as the inner pot will be HOT!
Then carefully rinse out the metal bowl (or use another one if you have an extra one to use) and put it back inside the Instant Pot and let the pot warm back up. (The SAUTE function should still be on at this point.)
Now add in some olive oil and the diced onion, minced garlic, and ground turkey and cook it all together until the ground turkey is no longer pink.
This should take about 5-6 minutes, also make sure to break up the turkey as it cooks.
Next you will need to add in the broccoli, shredded carrots, and red bell pepper and mix it in with the ground turkey mixture.
Then pour in the teriyaki sauce on top and mix it into the ground turkey and vegetable so that everything is coated in sauce.
Now pour in ½ cup of water on top but do NOT mix it in.
Next place the lid on top of the Instant Pot and turn the valve to the SEALING position .
Then press the CANCEL button to turn off the saute function and then press the MANUAL or PRESSURE COOK button and set the timer for 2 minutes.
When the timer is finished move the valve to the VENTING position to do a quick release of the pressure.
After the pin drops down, remove the lid and serve the ground turkey mixture over rice and garnish it with green onions and sesame seeds if you’d like.
Looking for more rice bowls? Try our Instant Pot Spicy Chicken and Rice Bowls!
To Make This Ground Turkey Instant Pot Recipe You Will Need:
- Instant Pot (THIS is a great one!)
- Wooden spatula
- Small mixing bowl
- Cutting board
Olive Oil Substitutes
This recipe will use olive oil to saute the vegetables in and it is delicious! However, if olive oil does not work for you that is okay too!
Take a look at the list that A Couple Cooks created for the Best Olive Oil Substititutes and you can use in place of the olive oil in this recipe.
Want More Easy Dinner Ideas?
Have you checked out our YouTube channel? We show you how to make our favorite recipes right in our own kitchens!
Our newest cookbook is all about Pressure Cooking. If you love our Instant Pot recipes, this is the cookbook for you!
Each simple and delicious recipe contains clear instructions for prep and specific pressure cooking times from start to ready-to-serve.
Order your copy today!
INSTANT COOKING with Six Sisters’ Stuff <—– Click here to order!
Check Out These Instant Pot Ground Beef Recipes:
- Instant Pot Beef and Bean Taco Soup Recipe
- Instant Pot Beef Stroganoff Recipe (Dump and Go)
- Instant Pot Creamy Shells and Beef Recipe
- Instant Pot Chili Beef Burritos Recipe
- Instant Pot Ground Beef Lazy Lasagna Recipe
Instant Pot Ground Turkey Teriyaki Rice Bowls Recipe
Homemade Teriyaki Sauce
- ¾ cup low sodium soy sauce
- ⅓ cup water
- 3 Tablespoons rice vinegar
- 4 Tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 Tablespoons sugar
- 3 cloves of garlic minced
- 1½ teaspoons ground ginger
- 1½ Tablespoon cornstarch
- 3 Tablespoons water
- 1½ Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion diced
- 2 Tablespoons minced garlic
- 1½ pounds ground turkey (can also use ground beef)
- 1 cup finely chopped broccoli
- 3 large carrots peeled and grated
- ½ red bell pepper diced
- ½ cup water
- green onions diced (optional topping)
- sesame seeds optional topping
- 4 cups cooked rice (we love jasmine rice, but white rice and brown rice also work great)
- Add soy sauce, water, rice vinegar, brown sugar, sugar, garlic, and ginger into the pot in the Instant Pot.
- Press the SAUTE button and mix together with a whisk as it heats up.
- White waiting, mix together cornstarch and water in a small bowl.
- As soon as the sauce starts to bubble, add in the cornstarch and water mix to the sauce in the pot. Whisk for a few seconds until the sauce starts to thicken.
- Pour sauce into a bowl and set aside (I used oven mitts to remove pot from Instant Pot and carefully poured it into a bowl. The pot will be hot)
- Rinse out pot and return to Instant Pot.
- Let the pot warm up again (the SAUTE function should still be on) and add in olive oil. Then add in onion, garlic, and ground turkey. Cook until the ground turkey is no longer pink (about 5-6 minutes), breaking up the turkey as it cooks.
- Add in the broccoli, carrots, and red bell pepper and mix in the ground turkey.
- Pour the teriyaki sauce on top and mix with the ground turkey and vegetables so everything is coated in sauce.
- Pour 1/2 cup water on top (but don’t mix in).
- Place the lid on top and move the valve to SEALING.
- Press the CANCEL button to turn off the saute, then press MANUAL (or PRESSURE COOK) and set timer for 2 minutes.
- Once the timer is finished, move the valve to VENTING and do a QUICK RELEASE of the pressure.
- Remove the lid and serve over rice. Garnish with green onions and sesame seeds if desired.
- Instant Pot
- small bowl
- Wooden Spatula
- Cutting Board
If you made our recipe be sure to tag us on Instagram so we can see your hard work using #sixsistersstuff.