The best recipe made with a cake mix is our Cake Mix Cookie Bars Recipe!
While cookies are great, this recipe is an easy bar cookie for a crowd! They take no time to make and you don’t even have to roll the individual balls for the cookies.
Tools you will need to make these cake mix cookie bars with peanut butter:
- 9 x 13 pan (like THIS one)
- Large mixing bowl
- Microwaveable bowl (I like to use my Pyrex bowls)
What ingredients do you need to make white cake mix cookie bars?
- White cake mix box
- Canola oil
- Milk chocolate chips
- Peanut butter chips
- Sweetened condensed milk
You can use olive oil instead of canola oil if you choose. However, if you are looking to replace the butter with margarine the bars will not set up as well.
Don’t miss out on our delicious Congo Bars!
Start making these amazing cake mix cookie bars WITHOUT pudding mix
To begin, preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
In a medium-sized mixing bowl, combine together the white cake mix, canola oil, and the eggs. You can use a hand mixer, stand mixer, or you can mix it by hand.
Then, separate the batter in half. Take one half of the batter and press it evenly into the bottom of a greased 9X13 pan.
Next, in a small microwaveable bowl, mix together the melted butter, chocolate chips, and peanut butter chips. Microwave everything for 30 seconds and then remove the bowl and stir it well.
Repeat microwaving for 15 seconds and then stir the mixture until it is completely smooth.
Then, pour in the sweetened condensed milk to the chocolate peanut butter mixture and stir it up until everything is well combined. Now you are going to pour this mixture over the cake mix crust in the 9×13 pan.
Once you have the first to layers set, take the second half of the cake mix batter and drop it in spoonfuls over top of the chocolate peanut butter layer.
Now, simply place it in the oven for 20-25 minutes or until the top turns a lovely golden brown.
There is ONE trick to this recipe. You’ll want to make sure this cools completely before serving it to allow the chocolate to set back up.
If you are however looking to make this from scratch completely or happen to not have a box of cake mix, check out this recipe for homemade white cake mix.
Related Recipe: Try our Chocolate Sugar Cookie Bars!
LET US HELP!
We have an amazing channel on YouTube where we go over our recipes from beginning to end and share our tips to help you make our recipes.
If you are looking for more ways to use those boxes of cake mix in your pantry watch our video on how to make cake mix blueberry muffins!
They are so fluffy and moist, your friends will think you got them from a bakery.
EASY WEEKDAY DINNERS
Our most popular cookbook – Dinner Made Easy – is all about quick, easy, and delicious family dinner entrees. We did all the organization, all the taste-testing with picky kids, and all the hacks to cut the prep time so that you can focus on spending more time with your family.
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
The complete family meal game plan in this cookbook is arranged in seven popular categories:
30 Minutes or Less
5 Ingredients or Less
One Pan, One Pot
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
DINNER MADE EASY with Six Sisters’ Stuff <—– Click here to order!
ALL THINGS CAKE MIX – mix it up with cake mix!
- GLAZED STRAWBERRY LEMONADE CAKE MIX COOKIES
- CAKE MIX GRASSHOPPER SANDWICH COOKIES RECIPE
- CAKE MIX S’MORES CINNAMON ROLLS
- CAKE MIX PEANUT BUTTER BARS
- CAKE MIX SUGAR COOKIES RECIPE
- STRAWBERRY LEMONADE CAKE MIX BARS
Cake Mix Cookie Bars Recipe
- 15.25 ounce white cake mix
- ½ cup canola oil
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup butter melted
- ½ cup milk chocolate chips
- ½ cup peanut butter chips
- 14 ounce sweetened condensed milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix together the cake mix, canola oil and eggs – then separate batter into halves. Press one half of the batter into the bottom of a greased 9×13 pan.
- In a small, microwaveable bowl, mix together the butter, chocolate chips and peanut butter chips. Microwave for 30 seconds, then remove and stir. Keep microwaving and stirring in 15 second intervals until the mixture is completely smooth.
- Add the sweetened condensed milk to the chocolate chip mixture and stir until completely combined, then pour it over the crust in the 9×13 pan.
- Take the second half of the cake mix batter, and drop it in spoonfuls over top.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes (until the top starts to turn a golden brown).
- Allow to cool completely before serving.
- You can also make this in a 9×9 pan
- 9×13-inch Baking Pan
- Non-stick Cooking Spray
- Large Mixing Bowl
Recipe from: Taste of Home
If you made our recipe be sure to tag us on Instagram so we can see your hard work using #sixsistersstuff.