We wanted to help make your life easy by putting all of the best Instant Pot Ground Beef recipes we could find in one place.
These Instant Pot Ground Beef recipes are all great family dinner recipes that even your pickiest eater will love and you won’t have to compromise on flavor.
Scroll down to find all of the best Instant Pot Ground Beef Recipes!
How to cook ground beef in the Instant Pot?
You can actually cook ground beef from frozen!
Place your trivet in the Instant Pot. Pour in one cup of water. Place your frozen beef on top of the trivet.
Put the lid on and turn the knob to sealing. Push the Manual Button, or pressure cook button and set the time for 25 minutes.
Once the timer is done, let it release on it’s own for 10-15 minutes. Turn the knob to let any more steam out.
Take your meat out of the Instant Pot and place in a bowl. Cut or chop the meat up.
You can freeze the meat in freezer bags for up to 3 months in your freezer.
Watch how to cook Ground Beef in the Instant Pot:
What Instant Pot do you use?
I know there are so many different versions and sizes of the Instant Pot now that it can make it hard to choose “the right one”.
But, I have the Instant Pot LUX 6 Quart 6-in-1 Programmable Pressure Cooker.
It’s basically 6 appliances in 1 – pressure cooker, rice cooker, saute, steamer, cake maker, and warmer. It is awesome!
Click here to join our Instant Pot Facebook Group to help answer all or your IP questions!
Grab the ChopStir for your ground beef/turkey (you can thank me later):
Subscribe to our YouTube channel and learn how to make so many recipes with your Instant Pot – we have new videos that come out each week!
Check out our Instant Pot tricks for beginners!
We share a new Instant Pot video on our YouTube channel every Monday. They have a lot of great information for beginners! Here are some of our most popular Instant Pot videos:
- 9 Instant Pot Don’ts
- Instant Pot Accessory Must-Haves
- 3 Instant Pot Dump and Go Breakfast Recipes
- Best Instant Pot Soups
- Instant Pot Basics
The Best Instant Pot Ground Beef Recipes:
- Instant Pot Korean Beef – this recipe is amazing because it cooks both the rice and the ground beef in the Instant Pot together! It’s one of the most popular recipes on our blog for a reason.
2. Instant Pot Cheesy Beef Taco Pasta – ground beef and pasta come together to make a quick and delicious dinner!
3. Instant Pot Bolognese Sauce – for this recipe, I like to use Italian sausage OR ground beef. Both give you an amazing dish full of flavor that takes a fraction of the time regular bolognese takes.
4. The BEST Instant Pot Sloppy Joes – up your sloppy joe game with this delicious recipe. My kids LOVE when I make these for dinner!
5. Instant Pot Ravioli Soup – this “dump and go” Instant Pot recipe is so easy to make. Just dump it all in and be on your way! You can sub the ground sausage with ground beef and it’s amazing.
6. Instant Pot Creamy Shells and Beef – this recipe takes less than 30 minutes from start to finish and is a kid favorite! Adults love it too.
7. Instant Pot Stuffed Peppers – this recipe doesn’t get any easier because you don’t have to pre-cook the peppers or the onions. A classic dish made easier in the Instant Pot!
8. Instant Pot Mini Meatloaf – everything is better when it’s mini, right? This meatloaf recipe is SO simple to make in the Instant Pot.
9. The BEST Instant Pot Dump and Go Chili – this is the recipe that our mom has made for years and now we converted it so that you can make it in the Instant Pot! It’s comfort food at it’s finest. Serve this with cornbread for a delicious meal.
10. Instant Pot Meatloaf and Potatoes – we love this recipe because it makes both the side dish AND main dish in ONE Instant Pot! Genius!
11. Instant Pot Ground Beef Stroganoff – this recipe from iFoodReal takes less than 30 minutes from start to finish and the pasta, meat, and sauce are all cooked in one pot!
12. Instant Pot Beef and Noodle Goulash – this is a classic recipe that we always had growing up and now you can make it in the Instant Pot!
13. Instant Pot Ground Beef and Rice Casserole – this hearty dish from Oh Sweet Basil is the PERFECT weeknight meal. It’s filling and takes only 10 MINUTES!
14. Instant Pot Hamburger Soup – this hearty soup from Salt and Lavender is loaded with protein AND vegetables, so it’s a winner in my book! The simple ingredients make it easy to throw together.
15. Instant Pot Ground Beef and Broccoli – this is a fun spin on traditional beef and broccoli because it’s made with ground beef. This delicious recipe from 31 Daily comes together in MINUTES.
16. Instant Pot Ground Beef and Pasta – this easy dish from Creme de la Crumb has a marinara sauce base and is perfect for busy nights when you need a quick and filling dinner.
17. Instant Pot Ground Beef Hamburger Helper – you will never buy a box of Hamburger Helper again once you see how easy it is to make from scratch in your Instant Pot! Love this recipe from Recipe Diaries.
18. Instant Pot Ground Beef and Rice Shawarma – this recipe from Two Sleevers isn’t your typical shawarma, but it has all the flavors mixed in with the ground beef and it makes for a delicious and hearty dish everyone will RAVE about! A fun twist on a delicious classic.
19. Instant Pot Ground Beef Taco Meat – this recipe from Don’t Mess with Mama is probably the most flavorful taco meat you will ever make! The Instant Pot makes it so easy to make.
20. Instant Pot Tavern Sandwiches – if you are looking for a new recipe to try in your Instant Pot, look no further than this recipe from Farm Wife Cooks! They have a secret ingredient that takes this recipe over the top!
21. Instant Pot Creamy French Onion Beef and Noodles – this recipe from Soulfully Made is not only delicious comfort food, but also incredibly budget friendly!
22. Instant Pot Salisbury Steak – this recipe from Flavor Mosaic is one of my favorites and it couldn’t be easier because of the Instant Pot!
23. Instant Pot Spaghetti – this recipe from Swanky Recipes is amazing because you DO NOT have to pre-cook your pasta! You just add it to the Instant Pot uncooked and let the Instant Pot do it’s magic!
24. Instant Pot Philly Cheesesteak Pasta – all the flavors of Philly Cheesesteak + PASTA? Sign me up! This ground beef recipe from Taste and See is going on the menu for this week!
25. Instant Pot Hamburgers – that’s right! You can make HAMBURGERS in your Instant Pot! And they turn out juicy and delicious. Be sure to check out this recipe from Simple Happy Foodie.
26. Instant Pot Beef Egg Roll Bowls – a fun twist on egg rolls from 365 Days of Slow and Pressure Cooking. So fresh and healthy!
27. Instant Pot Ground Beef Porcupine Meatballs – ground beef, rice, and tomato sauce make the best little meatballs! This Instant Pot recipe from Simply Happy Foodie is amazing.
Want more Instant Pot Recipes? Be sure to check out our top 28 Best Instant Pot CHICKEN Recipes!
How To Cook Frozen Ground Beef in Instant Pot
- 1 pound frozen ground beef
- 1 cup water
- Place your trivet in the Instant Pot. Pour in one cup of water. Place your frozen beef on top of the trivet.
- Put the lid on the Instant Pot and turn the knob to sealing.
- Push the MANUAL button (or pressure cook button) and set the time for 25 minutes.
- Once the timer is done, let the Instant Pot do a NATURAL RELEASRE for 10-15 minutes. Turn the knob to release any additional pressure.
- Take your meat out of the Instant Pot and place in a bowl. Cut or chop the meat up (I love using a Chop Stir for this).
- Instant Pot (or Pressure Cooker)
Our Best Instant Pot Tips and Tricks
- If you double the recipe you do not have to double the time! Keep the time the same – the instant pot does not measure cooking time based on volume.
- Be sure to save time for the Instant Pot to come to pressure. If the recipe says 10 minutes cooking time, add another 10-15 minutes onto that because that is how long it will take to come to pressure.
- After you have programmed the time, the Instant Pot twill take some time to come to pressure and then it will show the timer you have set and start counting down. So, try and be patient before you think you did something wrong.
- Make sure your lid is always locked into place and the knob is turned to “SEALING” when you begin cooking.
- Make sure that you have enough thin liquid in your Instant Pot in order for it to come up to pressure properly. We say at least 1 cup of thin liquid (such as water or chicken broth) is a good rule of thumb.
- You can put other oven-safe glass or metal bowls in the Instant Pot if you wanted to separate the food without having to cook them separately.
- Unlike a microwave, you CAN you aluminum foil in the Instant Pot without causing a fire in the kitchen.
- You can use multiple setting such as the saute function to cook up onions or meat beforehand then just press cancel and add the rest of the ingredients.
- Avoid using dairy in the cooking process if at all possible since it can scald or curdle. You can always add it once the cooking is done. Although when you are making yogurt this does not apply.
- Everything but the lid and the outer container are dishwasher safe. This makes clean up a breeze. Just throw everything in and wipe down the lid and outside of the Instant Pot and you are good to go!