I know, it’s still technically winter and you aren’t looking to pull out your grill or smoker just yet, so I thought I would help you out with this amazing Instant Pot ribs recipe!
I love a good tender and flavorful rack of ribs and with this Instant Pot ribs family dinner recipe, you won’t have to go the whole winter without them! Plus, these are super simple to make and enjoy.
Another of our favorite Instant Pot recipes: Instant Pot Parmesan Ranch Chicken and Potatoes <- – – – so good!
I would dare to say that everyone in our family is happy to sit down and get messy enjoying ribs. That’s probably why we have so many amazing rib recipes that we have created! Some of the ribs we make regularly are our slow cooker BBQ spareribs recipe, sticky Asian ribs (in the oven!), and one of our most popular recipes is our fall off the bone BBQ ribs recipe.
Find out exactly what you will need for this Instant Pot ribs recipe:
Instant Pot ribs recipe ingredients:
- Rack of ribs (I use pork loin ribs)
- Apple juice
- Brown sugar
- BBQ sauce
If you have ever thought you had brown sugar in your pantry and then go to grab it and realize it’s not there (yes I have done this…a few times) then you need to know that it is SUPER simple to make your own and it is super simple to make! Try out THIS easy homemade brown sugar recipe.
Tools to make these fantastic bone-in-ribs:
- Instant Pot
- Aluminum foil
- Baking sheet
- Basting brush (one like THESE will work great!)
WONDERING WHAT INSTANT POT I LIKE TO USE?
I have the Instant Pot LUX 6 Quart 6-in-1 Programmable Pressure Cooker. It’s basically 6 appliances in 1 – pressure cooker, rice cooker, saute, steamer, cake maker, and warmer. It is awesome!
Honestly, I don’t know how I would make it through the week without it now! Okay, that might be a bit dramatic, but you get my point that they are fabulous!
SIX INGREDIENTS OR LESS TO MAKE AN AWESOME DINNER!
Our latest cookbook – Six Ingredients with Six Sisters’ Stuff – is all about using a few ingredients to make a delicious dinner! With only 6 ingredients or less per recipe in this cookbook, cooking has never been easier!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
Whether you are a cook just starting out or a busy parent looking to save time in the kitchen, this cookbook is for you! It’s full of entrees, side dishes, and desserts.
With our favorite one-pot wings dish or a no-bake peanut butter bar, this cookbook is a fool-proof solution to meal planning. It also features kid-friendly chapters such as Kid Favorites and Kids Can Cook.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
SIX INGREDIENTS with Six Sisters’ Stuff <—– Click here to order!
Make these Instant Pot bone-in-ribs:
To begin, start by seasoning your ribs on each side with the salt and pepper.
Then, get out your Instant Pot and make sure that the trivet that came with it is placed into the bottom of the Instant Pot.
Once the trivet is in the Instant Pot, put the seasoned ribs on top of the trivet.
Feel free to cut the ribs to fit in the Instant Pot if you need to!
Now, combine together the apple juice (leaving a ¼ cup for later) and ½ cup of brown sugar and pour it evenly over top of the rack of ribs.
Then, put the lid on the Instant Pot and lock it into place and turn the valve to the “SEALING” position and turn on the timer for 30 minutes.
Once the timer goes off, let the ribs naturally release in the Instant Pot for 10 minutes (AKA let it sit as it is). Then, after 10 minutes has passed, turn the valve to the “VENTING” position to do a quick release with the remaining pressure.
Using tongs, gently remove the ribs from the Instant Pot and put them on a baking sheet that is covered with aluminum foil. (Yes your ribs will probably have meat already falling off the bone!)
Now, turn on your broiler in your oven to HIGH.
While the broiler is heating up, mix up the BBQ and ¼ cup of apple juice from earlier. Brush this mixture over top of the ribs with the basting brush. Make sure to coat them all well, but have some left over to reapply!
Now you need to place the baking sheet into the broiler. Every 3 minutes or so you will need to turn the ribs. Every time you turn the ribs, slather more of the BBQ and apple juice mixture on.
Once the rib sauce begins to get sticky, they are done! Then take them out of the broiler and serve them immediately and enjoy with your favorite sides.
GO TO RECIPES FOR FAMILIES
Do you ever feel like it is hard to find the time to serve your family healthy recipes that don’t take forever to make? It’s okay, we understand.
So, we decided to put together some awesome dump and go recipes that are healthy and can be made all in your Instant Pot!
You can find these 3 healthy dump and go Instant Pot recipes on our YouTube channel where we show you how to make everything from start to finish! Plus, an added bonus is that they are super easy to make.
Recipes for dinner to spruce up your menu for the week!
- EASY OVEN BAKED BBQ RIBS
- INSTANT POT CHEESY CHICKEN AND RICE
- BAKED CREAMY CHICKEN TAQUITOS
- SLOW COOKER 8-CAN TACO SOUP
- INSTANT POT CHEESY PENNE PASTA
- STICKY ASIAN RIBS (BAKED IN THE OVEN)
- INSTANT POT GLAZED SHORT RIBS
- SLOW COOKER BBQ RANCH RIBS
Instant Pot Bone-In Ribs Recipe
- 1 (2-3 pound) rack of ribs (I use pork loin ribs)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 3½ cups apple juice (reserving 1/4 cup for later)
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 (16 oz) bottle BBQ sauce
- Season your ribs with salt and pepper on both sides.
- Place your ribs in the Instant Pot, on top of the trivet.
- Combine apple juice and 1/2 cup brown sugar and pour over your ribs.
- Place your lid on the Instant pot, turn your knob to sealing, and cook for 30 minutes. You can cut your ribs into smaller sections if they do not fit around the bottom. Let it naturally release for 10 minutes, and then do a quick release to let out the rest of the steam.
- After they are done in the instant pot, use tongs to gently (they are already falling off the bone) take them out.
- Turn your oven broil on to HIGH. While the oven is warming up, mix together the bottle of BBQ sauce and the 1/4 cup of apple juice you saved from earlier.
- Place the ribs gently on a foil covered baking sheet and and brush with BBQ sauce.
- Turn the ribs twice every three minutes or so, slathering with more sauce each time. The sauce will begin to turn sticky when they are done.
- Serve immediately and enjoy.
- Make sure to watch them closely under the broiler so they don’t burn!
- Instant Pot
- Baking Sheet
This post was included in our 10 Fall Instant Pot Recipes video – for more inexpensive and delicious recipes like this one, click here to check it out!
Be sure to not miss another recipe! Follow Six Sisters’ Stuff Instagram|Facebook|Pinterest|YouTube
If you made our recipe be sure to tag us on Instagram so we can see your hard work using #sixsistersstuff.