Eating your vegetables has never been more delicious! It’s full of your favorite fresh veggies, and just the right amount of crunch.
It’s an easy salad to make all year round. You can easily adjust this veggie salad with whatever vegetables are in season. Any mixture of fresh veggies compliment each other.
After we made this salad, we started thinking of so many other vegetables that we could have added. This salad grows right before your eyes when you keep adding in favorites.
It’s a great way to let the kids choose a few veggie favorites too. When they become involved with the ingredients, they are excited to try their new veggie salad creation.
secret shortcuts for chopped veggie salad
Chopped Vegetable Salad is very easy to make. But chopping all of the vegetables is what takes the longest in the preparation.
We have a shortcut tip for you – the grocery stores sell pre-cut broccoli and cauliflower in the produce section. They are washed and ready to add to the salad.
Some of the pieces might need to be cut up if they are big, but buying them pre-cut and packaged is a time saving tip. It’s also nice to have on hand for healthy grab n go snacking.
The fantastic dressing on chopped veggie salad
We have to admit the our favorite part about this chopped vegetable salad is the right amount of sweetness the dressing adds.
It’s creamy with a little bit of sweet, and a little bit of zest. We absolutely love it. And you could easily lighten it up by using a fat free mayonnaise, or a light mayonnaise.
It also calls for 1/4 cup of sugar, which isn’t too bad for salad that could feed up to 12 people. But if you feel you don’t need a lot of sweetness, you could try cutting back a little on the sugar.
We felt that the amount of sugar in the dressing was perfect.
how to make chopped vegetable salad
This is a fun salad that can easily be adapted to the vegetables you have on hand. These are some of our favorites that we used when making the salad.
- Prepare and chop all of the vegetables and other ingredients for the salad. That would include – browning the bacon and crumbling it. Dicing the cucumber, tomatoes, celery, broccoli, and cauliflower.
- Place the peas in a bowl and microwave about 30 seconds so they are barely thawed.
- Slice the can of black olives.
- Place all of these vegetables and other ingredients listed in a large mixing bowl.
- In a medium sized bowl combine the dressing ingredients.
- The dressing ingredients include the mayo, apple cider vinegar, Parmesan cheese, salt and sugar.
- Stir these ingredients together until combined and to dissolve the sugar.
- Pour over the vegetables and stir until all vegetables are coated well.
- Stir in the sunflower seeds and Craisins. Reserve a few to sprinkle on the top of the salad.
- The sunflower seeds and Craisins add just the right amount of crunch and flavor to top off this amazing salad.
- Chill for about an hour before serving so all of the flavors meld together. The flavors in this salad get even better if it sits for a few hours. It’s a great salad to make ahead of time if you are crunched for time when preparing a lot of dishes for a party or gathering.
helpful items used for this salad
- Chef’s Vegetable Knife – This knife is great for chopping all of your veggies for this salad.
- Big Mixing Bowl – This is a nice big bowl that will hold a family sized salad.
- Mixing Spoon – We like a nice mixing spoon to handle the big jobs.
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert and everything in-between.
WE ARE SO EXCITED TO SHARE THESE RECIPES WITH YOU. ORDER YOUR COPY TODAY!
SIX SISTERS’ STUFF COPYCAT COOKING <—– CLICK HERE TO ORDER!
check out these delicious salads From Six Sisters:
- Mandarin Orange Pretzel Salad
- Raspberry Fluff Jell-O Salad
- Mom’s Frog Eye Salad
- Snickers Apple Pudding Salad
- 5 Minute Pistachio Salad
Have you seen ourYouTube channel?
Watch our video on how easy it is to make the perfect broccoli salad.