Any ranch lovers out there? This is going to be a recipe you don’t want to miss! I always love red-skinned potatoes but mix them with ranch, now that is dangerous!
After we’ve had this easy dinner idea I always make a mental note to double it for leftovers because my family gobbles this right up! Yes, even my pickiest eater.
I would even dare to say this is the best Instant Pot chicken pot recipe I have had!
BUT that shouldn’t stop you from trying other Instant Pot recipes like our Instant Pot Bone-in Ribs recipe, Instant Pot Breakfast Hash, and our Instant Pot Cheesy Penne Pasta recipe. They are all so good. When I say I use my Instant Pot every day, it’s not an exaggeration.
Ingredients needed for Instant Pot Parmesan Ranch Chicken and Potatoes:
One of the best Instant Pot Chicken Breast Recipes ever!
- Boneless skinless chicken breast
- Baby red potatoes
- Olive oil
- Ground black pepper
- Garlic Powder
- Dried thyme
- Dried basil
- Dried oregano
- Ranch dressing mix (just the dry mix – don’t prepare the dressing)
- Chicken broth
- Parmesan cheese
The best part about this recipe is that it’s made with common pantry staples (to see our full list of pantry staples, click here).
Also, I am not sure if you’re like me and love to make a meal from scratch as much as possible, but if you are, this is a great homemade chicken broth recipe from Taste of Home! It could make the best instant pot chicken recipe even greater.
We have the perfect instant pot recipe for you – Be sure to try our easy Instant Pot Minestrone Soup. A delicious dinner in under 30 minutes.
Kitchen tools needed for Instant Pot chicken and potatoes:
- Instant Pot (THIS is one of my favorite models)
- Two small mixing bowls (THIS set is great for meal prep!)
- Large mixing bowl/serving platter
how to make instant pot Parmesan ranch chicken:
Start by adding the chicken and baby red potatoes into the Instant Pot and drizzle them with the olive oil and toss the chicken and potatoes until they are completely covered with the olive oil.
Then, in a small bowl, mix together the salt, ground black pepper, garlic powder, thyme, basil, oregano, and two tablespoons of the ranch dressing mix.
PRO TIP: Get yourself the bulk container of ranch dressing mix from Costco since you will probably make this often. 😉
Now, sprinkle the seasonings mixture over top of the chicken and redskin potatoes, then toss them together to make sure they all are seasoned well.
After everything is well seasoned, pour in the chicken broth trying to avoid directly pouring it onto the chicken to keep as much of the seasoning on the chicken and potatoes as possible.
Once everything is in the Instant Pot, place the lid on and turn the knob to the “SEALING” position. Then, press the “MANUAL” or “PRESSURE” button and set the timer to 16 minutes.
Pro tip: Remember that it will take 10-15 minutes for the Instant Pot to come to pressure, so be sure to plan accordingly!
When the timer runs out, you’ll need to do a quick release by turning the knob to the “VENTING” position to release the pressure.
The pin will drop once all the pressure is out, then you will know its safe to remove the lid.
Next, remove the chicken and potatoes from the Instant Pot and put them into a large bowl and set them aside.
In a small bowl, mix together the remaining ranch dressing, Parmesan cheese, and the melted butter until everything is well incorporated.
Learn how to use your Instant Pot every week!
We started a YouTube channel for you to watch and learn how to make your favorite meals and desserts right along with us. One of our most watch videos is our 6 things to make in your Instant Pot every week!
You will get to see some of the best staple meals to make in your Instant Pot that even beginners can make!
our most popular Instant Pot recipes to try:
- INSTANT POT CASHEW CHICKEN
- INSTANT POT CREAMY SHELLS AND BEEF
- INSTANT POT SPICY CHICKEN AND RICE BOWLS
- INSTANT POT POTATO SOUP
- INSTANT POT MAC AND CHEESE
Instant Pot Parmesan Ranch Chicken and Potatoes Recipe
- 1½ pounds chicken breast
- 3 pounds baby red potatoes
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¾ teaspoon ground black pepper (more or less to taste)
- 1½ teaspoons garlic powder
- 1½ teaspoon dried thyme
- ½ teaspoon dried basil
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 ounce dry ranch dressing mix 1 packet, divided
- 15 ounces chicken broth 1 can
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup butter melted
- Add chicken and potatoes to Instant Pot and drizzle with olive oil. Toss chicken and potatoes until they are coated with oil.
- In a small bowl, mix together salt, pepper, garlic powder, thyme, basil, oregano, and half of the dry ranch dressing mix. Sprinkle seasonings over chicken and potatoes, then toss gently to coat.
- Pour chicken broth into the Instant Pot (try to pour it to the sides of the chicken and potatoes so that you don't rinse off the seasonings).
- Place the lid on top of the Instant Pot and set the valve on top to sealing. Press the "MANUAL" button and set the timer for 16 minutes.
- Remember that it will take 10-15 minutes for the Instant Pot to come to pressure, so be sure to plan accordingly!
- When the Instant Pot is finished cooking, do a "quick release" of the pressure. Remove the chicken and potatoes to a large bowl or serving platter.
- In another small bowl, mix together remaining ranch dressing mix, Parmesan cheese, and melted butter. Drizzle butter/seasoning mix over the chicken and serve.
- Instant Pot
- small bowl (2)
Be sure to not miss another recipe!