I don’t know about you, but dinner in our house can be sort of hectic. So, an easy meal is ideal especially on those super busy nights, just like this Instant pot lasagna casserole.
This easy instant pot recipe is one that we LOVE to make. I would even dare to say this is the best Instant pot lasagna I’ve had!
What’s great about this recipe is that you can make it all in your Instant Pot – no need to dirty other pots and pans. Talk about another bonus!
If you are a sucker for a good pasta dish like me, you will want to be sure to check out our Easy Homemade Lasagna recipe, 20 Minute Skillet Lasagna, and our Chicken Cordon Bleu Lasagna recipe. They are some of my favorites!
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO MAKE THIS ULTIMATE INSTANT POT LASAGNA RECIPE?
Instant pot lasagna ingredients:
- Italian sausage
- Sliced mushrooms
- Spaghetti sauce
- Cottage cheese
- Ricotta cheese
- Parmesan cheese
- Oven-ready lasagna noodles
- Mozzarella cheese
HOW TO MAKE INSTANT POT LASAGNA WITH A SPRINGFORM PAN
Start by getting out your Instant pot and push the SAUTE button and wait for the window to say HOT. This should only take a few minutes.
Once the pot is hot, add the Italian sausage, stir and break it up until the sausage is completely browned. (Yes you can do this on the stovetop, but it’s just as easy to do it in the Instant pot, plus why dirty another dish?!)
Then, add in the onions and mushrooms and saute them with the sausage until the onions become translucent.
After the sausage mixture has finished cooking, add in the spaghetti sauce and continue cooking until it is completely heated. Then, move the meat sauce to a bowl and set it off to the side.
*RINSE OUT INSTANT POT*
In a medium bowl, put the cottage cheese, ricotta cheese, grated parmesan cheese, and eggs, and mix it together until completely combined.
Now, take the round springform pan and spread a think layer of the meat sauce on the bottom.
Now, layer half of the uncooked lasagna noodle on top of the meat sauce. Feel free to break the noodles so they cover all of the sauce.
Then, add 1/2 of the cheese mixture, 3/4 cup of mozzarella cheese, and 1/2 of the remaining meat sauce. Add noodles on top of the meat and then start over again.
Continue layering until you either run out of the ingredients or room in the springform pan.
Once you are done layering, cover the pan with aluminum foil.
Now, at the bottom of the Instant pot, place the trivet and 1 cup of water. Then, gently place the foil wrapped lasagna on top of the trivet and place the top on and turn it to the locked position.
Next, press the PRESSURE COOK or MANUAL button and then set the timer for 24 minutes.
When it is done, let the Instant pot release on its own by turning the knob to VENTING and all of the pressure will release.
Once the pin drops, remove the lid and take out the lasagna carefully! (The sides will still be hot)
Lastly, add 1/2 cup of mozzarella cheese to the top of the lasagna and broil it for 2 minutes or so, until the cheese is starting to bubble. Let it sit for at 10 minutes and then serve and enjoy!
PRO TIPS when making Instant Pot Lasagna
- Make sure to use oven-ready lasagna noodles – they don’t require that you boil them before adding them to the dish.
- Feel free to use full-fat or low-fat ricotta cheese and cottage cheese – both work great in this dish and it’s really up to you and what you prefer.
- This recipe uses a springform pan – you want to make sure that it has high edges because this lasagna is stacked high! You also want to make sure that it fits in your Instant Pot. We recommend THIS one.
- You could also use a “pot in pot” pan if you prefer or have one already.
LAYER UP WITH THESE LASAGNA RECIPES
- EASY SLOW COOKER BEEF LASAGNA RECIPE
- FOUR CHEESE LASAGNA
- CREAMY CHICKEN LASAGNA
- 5-INGREDIENT RAVIOLI LASAGNA
Instant Pot Lasagna Recipe with a Springform Pan
- 1 pound ground Italian sausage
- 1 onion (diced)
- 1 (4.5 ounce) can sliced mushrooms
- 1 (28 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
- 1 (16 ounce) container cottage cheese
- 1 pint ricotta cheese
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1 (16 ounce) package oven-ready lasagna noodles
- 2 cups shredded Mozzarella cheese (divided)
- Push SAUTE button on the Instant Pot. Once it is hot (it will only take a few minutes), cook and stir Italian sausage until brown. (You could also do this step on the stove top, but it’s just as easy to do it in the Instant Pot)
- Add onions and mushrooms; saute until onions are clear.
- Stir in spaghetti sauce, and heat through. Pour mixture into a bowl and set aside. Rinse out your pot.
- In a medium size bowl, combine cottage cheese, ricotta cheese, grated Parmesan cheese, and eggs.
- Spread a thin layer of the meat sauce in the bottom of a round 7-Inch Springform pan.
- Layer with 1/2 of the uncooked lasagna noodles, breaking the noodles so they cover all the sauce. Then add 1/2 of cheese mixture, 3/4 cup mozzarella cheese, and 1/2 of the meat sauce. Continue layering until all ingredients are used or until your springform pan is filled to the top.
- Cover pan with aluminum foil.
- Place a trivet in the bottom of the Instant Pot. Add 1 cup of water on top of the trivet. Gently place your foil wrapped lasagna on top of the trivet.
- Push the PRESSURE COOK or MANUAL and set the timer for 24 minutes.
- When it is done, let it release on its own for a few minutes then turn the knob to VENTING to release all of the pressure.
- When the pressure is out, remove the lid and take out the lasagna.
- Add 1/2 cup of mozzarella cheese and broil in the oven for 2 minutes until the cheese it bubbly on top.
- Let it cool for at least 10 minutes before serving.
- Instant Pot
- Springform pan
If you made our recipe be sure to tag us on Instagram so we can see your hard work using #sixsistersstuff.
Do you wish you could make your favorite restaurant meal at home?
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks to dessert and everything in-between.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
Six Sisters’ Stuff COPYCAT COOKING <—– Click here to order!