For some reason, breakfast is always my most-missed meal every month. Things are just crazy in the morning getting everyone else up, and dressed, and fed – by the time I finally sit down to breakfast, it’s usually well-past noon.
In an effort to make sure I eat in the mornings, I’ve been making a lot make-ahead and freezer breakfasts, like our bagel breakfast sandwiches.
I wanted to switch it up a little bit, so I made these freezer breakfast burritos, and they have been perfect for mornings on the go.
It literally took me 30 minutes to make 10 this past Saturday, and now we can enjoy them all week long.
If you are looking for a quick and healthy breakfast idea, this is one I highly recommend. We even love eating these for lunch or dinner. They are so simple to throw together, and everyone loves them.
would these work with corn tortillas?
For this recipe, I have only made them using flour tortillas. I have made a few recipes using corn tortillas, and I have found they don’t stay together as well.
This recipe would work with corn tortillas, but they may split or break a little, as you roll up your burritos. They would still be delicious, but I highly recommend flour tortillas.
what is the best way to reheat these?
My husband eats his cold, which I am not about. I don’t even like cold pizza. I usually heat mine up in the microwave, but you could also reheat them in the oven as well.
To reheat them in the oven, we recommend turning on the heat to 350 degrees and keeping them in the foil, let them bake for about 20-25 minutes. You may need to remove the foil, and put them in a pan, if the middle is having a hard time heating up.
Did you know we have a Youtube Channel?
We have hundreds of simple and delicious recipes, your family is going to love. We take you through each recipe, step by step, and show you exactly how to make them.
looking for more breakfast recipes? here are a few of our favorites:
- Banana Breakfast Smoothie
- Lemon Blueberry Breakfast Cake
- Croissant Breakfast Sandwich
- Banana Oatmeal Breakfast Muffins
- Easy Hashbrown and Egg Breakfast Casserole
Freezer Breakfast Burritos Recipe
- 6 eggs
- salt and pepper to taste
- 6 flour tortillas
- 6 strips bacon cooked
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- ½ cup salsa
- IN A MEDIUM BOWL, WHISK EGGS, SALT, AND PEPPER UNTIL COMPLETELY COMBINED. PLACE IN THE MICROWAVE, AND COOK FOR 3 MINUTES OR UNTIL EGGS HAVE REACHED DESIRED DONENESS. REMOVE FROM MICROWAVE AND FLUFF WITH A FORK.
- TOP EACH TORTILLA WITH ONE SLICE OF BACON AND AN EVEN AMOUNT OF EGGS, CHEESE, AND SALSA.
- WRAP UP EACH TORTILLA BURRITO-STYLE (FOLDING IN THE SIDES AND ROLLING IT UP), PLACING THEM SEAM-SIDE DOWN.
- WRAP EACH TORTILLA IN PLASTIC WRAP AND THEN PLACE IN A FREEZER-SAFE ZIPLOC BAG, OR ROLL THEM IN ALUMINUM FOIL.
Be sure to not miss another recipe!
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert and everything in-between.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
Six Sisters’ Stuff COPYCAT COOKING <—– Click here to order!