My family loves these freezer breakfast burritos! They are an easy way to make sure you get your breakfast in before you’re heading out the door.
I’m not sure if it’s the same for everyone, but we tend to not have a lot of extra time in the morning so these are a go-to grab, heat, and go meals for our family. They are super easy to pop in the microwave and have a meal ready in no time at all.
You can even double this recipe if you want to only make them up once and have them last a while. They can last for up to 2 months in the freezer.
Ingredients Needed For Our Freezer Breakfast Burritos Recipe:
- Flour tortillas
- Bacon strips, cooked
- Shredded cheddar cheese
How To Make This Freezer Breakfast Burritos Recipe:
Using a medium-sized microwave-safe bowl, crack the eggs into the bowl and add in the salt and pepper and mix it all together until they are completely combined.
Then place the bowl in the microwave for about 3 minutes or until the eggs have reached your desired doneness.
When the eggs are done, remove them from the microwave and fluff the eggs up with a fork.
Now, grab out your tortillas and top each tortilla with a slice of bacon and an equal amount of eggs, shredded cheese, and salsa.
Once they are all built, wrap them up by folding in two opposite sides of the tortilla, and then roll them up and place them seam side down.
When you are ready, get out plastic wrap and cut a piece big enough for each tortilla. Wrap them all separately in the plastic wrap and then place them in a freezer-safe Ziploc bag. You could also wrap them in tinfoil separately.
Now just place them in the freezer until they are needed!
To Make This Favorite Family Recipe You Will Need:
- Medium microwave-safe bowl (THESE work great!)
- Plastic wrap
- Freezer-safe Ziploc bag
How To Heat Up This Make-Ahead Breakfast
A quick and easy way to reheat these frozen burritos is to put them in the microwave for 1-2 minutes and then it is ready to go.
You can also reheat them in the oven by baking them at 350 for 20-25 minutes. Bake them either wrapped in the foil or place them on a pan and cover it for half the time, remove the foil half the way through.
If you have canned salsa this is the perfect recipe to break it out! I love using homemade salsa for these burritos. It makes them just that more delicious.
Or if you want to make a fresh batch of salsa, take a look at Cooking Classy’s easy homemade salsa recipe and whip some up to go with our bacon and egg burritos.
Want More Easy Dinner Ideas?
Join our email list today and we will send you a FREE ebook of our favorite dinner recipes – plus we will send you recipes each week to help make your dinner planning easier!
Join today by CLICKING HERE.
Have you checked out our YouTube channel? We show you how to make our favorite recipes right in our own kitchens!
Our latest cookbook – Six Ingredients with Six Sisters’ Stuff – is all about using a few ingredients to make a delicious dinner! With only 6 ingredients or less per recipe in this cookbook, cooking has never been easier!
Whether you are a cook just starting out or a busy parent looking to save time in the kitchen, this cookbook is for you! It’s full of entrees, side dishes, and desserts.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
SIX INGREDIENTS with Six Sisters’ Stuff <—– Click here to order!
Love cooking as much as we do? Join our FREE private Facebook Group: Six Sisters’ Dinner Club!
Delicious Go To Breakfast Recipes
- Easy Hashbrown and Egg Breakfast Casserole
- Breakfast Tacos Recipe
- Breakfast Grilled Cheese Melt Recipe
- Croissant Breakfast Sandwich
- Turkey Sausage Breakfast Sliders Recipe
- Peanut Butter Breakfast Bites
- Sausage and Egg Breakfast Casserole
Freezer Breakfast Burritos Recipe
- 6 eggs
- salt and pepper to taste
- 6 flour tortillas
- 6 strips bacon cooked
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- ½ cup salsa
- In a medium bowl, whisk eggs, salt, and pepper until completely combined. place in the microwave, and cook for 3 minutes or until eggs have reached desired doneness. remove from microwave and fluff with a fork.
- Top each tortilla with one slice of bacon and an even amount of eggs, cheese, and salsa.
- Wrap up each tortilla burrito-style (folding in the sides and rolling it up), placing them seam-side down.
- Wrap each tortilla in plastic wrap and then place in a freezer-safe ziploc bag, or roll them in aluminum foil.
- Can be frozen for up to 30 days but the sooner you eat them the better they’ll taste.
- To reheat from frozen, remove burrito form foil, wrap it in a paper towel and use the defrost option on the microwave for about 90 seconds. R0tate the burrito and heat it up regularly in the microwave (not on defrost) for 45-60 seconds.
- Medium microwave safe bowl
- Plastic Wrap
- Freezer Safe Ziploc Bag
If you made our recipe be sure to tag us on Instagram so we can see your hard work using #sixsistersstuff.