If you haven’t noticed by now, we LOVE all things Mexican food.
What is Guacamole Salsa?
One of our favorite recipes on the blog is our Tomatillo Salsa Verde recipe. It’s made of simple, healthy ingredients (such as tomatillos, onion, serrano peppers, garlic, and cilantro) and tastes amazing.
However, it’s pretty thin and kind of hard to use as a chip dip.
Enter the avocado . . . all the delicious flavors of salsa verde with the creaminess of avocados.
The avocados thicken up the salsa, making it perfect for dipping chips and vegetables! It’s guacamole salsa!
How do you make guacamole salsa?
Start with a high-powered blender. You will definitely want it for this recipe!
Chop the tomatillos (those are the little green tomatoes that look like they are wrapped in leaves) into 1/4’s and add them to the bottom of the blender.
You will want about a pound of tomatillos – the more you add, the thinner your guac salsa will be.
Add in the rest of the ingredients to the blender (make sure that the tomatillos are in the bottom of the blender and not the avocados – trust me on this one. The avocados will just stick to the blades).
Blend everything to together and enjoy your guacamole salsa! It’s that simple.
What to serve your guacamole salsa with:
- Nachos (drizzle it on these Beef Nachos)
- Baked Chimichangas (it makes the perfect sauce on top!)
- On the side of this Mexican Shredded Chicken
- Dip this Mexican Grilled Salmon in it
- On a burger
- Any kind of taco (these Grilled Tilapia Tacos are my favorite with it!)
- Dip these quesadillas in it
- Smear it on toast (trust me, it’s delicious)
- And of course, it’s perfect for dipping tortilla chips
If you have any leftovers (which you most likely will not), place in an airtight container. It should stay good for 3-5 days (but the color might start to change a little, just because of the avocado).
Try this Fully Loaded Guacamole – it’s easy!
Our newest cookbook
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert and everything in-between.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
Six Sisters’ Stuff COPYCAT COOKING <—– Click here to order!
Love guacamole as much as we do? Try these recipes:
- Fully Loaded Guacamole
- Guacamole Taquitos
- Seven Layer Dip Cups
- Baked Carne Asada Fries
- Easy Guacamole
Guacamole Salsa Recipe
- 1 pound tomatillos (the more tomatillos, the thinner the salsa)
- 1 jalapeno pepper (feel free to add more if you like it really spicy)
- ⅓ bunch fresh cilantro
- 1 thick slice onion
- ½ clove garlic
- 1 avocado
- 1 tomato
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Peel and wash the tomatillos, cut it into quarters and put them in the blender, follow with the jalapeno, cilantro, onion, garlic, tomato, avocado & salt.
- Be sure to put the tomatillos at the bottom of the blender, not the avocados, otherwise they will stick to the blades.
- Blend together and chill until ready to serve.