Seven Layer Dip
I love Seven Layer Dip and when I found this cute idea for making individual serving-sized cups, I couldn’t wait to try it! Who wouldn’t love a little cup full of delicious dip?
Homemade vs. Premade ingredients
If you are short on time, purchase pre-made salsa, pre-made guacamole, and canned refried beans at the store.
Watch how to assemble 7 layer dip cups here:
Can You make these cups ahead of time?
Because of the fresh ingredients used in these cups, I wouldn’t recommend making them more than 1 day in advance.
The guacamole will start to change colors and the liquid with the salsa will start to mix with the sour cream and it becomes harder to see the individual layers.
How to easily fill the seven layer dip cups
- One tip that I have learned over the years is to put the refried beans, guacamole, and sour cream in large resealable bags (each ingredients in their own bag).
- Cut the tip off one of the corners of the bag.
- Pipe the beans, guacamole, or sour cream into the cup!
It is so much easier and leaves you without a big mess of trying to scoop some into each cup.
What to dip in the Seven Layer Dip:
- Tortilla chips
- “Scoop” tortilla chips
- Carrot sticks
- Celery sticks
- Any vegetable that can be used for dipping
You can also serve these cups with little spoons so that your guests can enjoy every last bite! (Sometimes chips make it hard to reach down to the bottom of the cup)
Our Newest Cookbook
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home (including tons of appetizers!).
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert and everything in-between.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
Six Sisters’ Stuff COPYCAT COOKING <—– Click here to order!
Last minute tips to know:
- To make canned refried beans extra cream, add in some milk or sour cream.
- Use cups that are short and wide, which will make it easier for dipping chips.
- If the salsa that you are using is really runny, drain the extra liquid before adding to the cups.
Other delicious appetizer dips to try:
- Homemade Chick-Fil-A Sauce
- Chicken Alfredo Dip
- Black Bean and Cotija Cheese 6 Layer Dip
- Roasted Red Pepper Dip
- Warm Bacon Cheese Dip
Recipe inspired by Girl Who Ate Everything