I love fried chicken, but I don’t love all the extra calories and fat that come with it. This chicken is so crisp on the outside and juicy on the inside that you just might think you are eating fried chicken. It is full of flavor and our whole family devoured it!
Serves: 6 people
Crunchy Baked Chicken Recipe
This chicken is so crisp on the outside and juicy on the inside that you just might think you are eating fried chicken.
- 1 egg
- 1 Tablespoon milk
- 1 (2.8 ounce) can French-fried onions (crushed)
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese
- ½ cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 5 boneless, skinless chicken breasts cut into pieces
- ¼ cup butter melted
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F
- In a shallow bowl, whisk together egg and milk.
- In another bowl, combine the crushed onions, cheese, bread crumbs, paprika, salt and pepper.
- Dip chicken in the egg mixture, then roll in the onion mixture. Place coated chicken pieces in a greased baking dish. Drizzle melted butter on top of chicken.
- Bake, uncovered for 40-50 minutes or until cooked thoroughly.
Calories: 348 kcal · Carbohydrates: 13 g · Protein: 25 g · Fat: 21 g · Saturated Fat: 10 g · Trans Fat: 1 g · Cholesterol: 115 mg · Sodium: 693 mg · Potassium: 395 mg · Fiber: 1 g · Sugar: 1 g · Vitamin A: 407 IU · Vitamin C: 2 mg · Calcium: 123 mg · Iron: 1 mg
Questions & Reviews