This delicious grilled honey mustard chicken recipe has quickly become a favorite summer dinner recipe. It is extremely easy to prepare and make and still produces a wonderfully tasty and flavorful piece of grilled chicken.
If you are looking for a picky eater approved, and kid-friendly dinner, this one will work great! Our kids love the flavor of the honey mustard that the chicken breasts are marinated in.
You will get such a juicy chicken from this recipe that you might not even need a dipping sauce. That is the beauty of this marinade.
Ingredients Needed For This Grilled Honey Mustard Chicken Recipe:
- Whole grain mustard
- Fresh lemon juice
- Minced garlic
- Cayenne pepper
- Red pepper flakes
- Boneless, skinless chicken breasts
How To Make This Grilled Honey Mustard Chicken Recipe:
Begin by whisking together the whole grain mustard, honey, lemon juice, minced garlic, paprika, salt, cayenne pepper, and red pepper flakes in a small bowl.
Once that is all put together, pour everything but about 4 tablespoons of the honey mustard sauce over the chicken breasts and toss it until the chicken is covered in the honey mustard sauce.
Then cover the bowl with plastic wrap and let the chicken marinate at room temperature for about 30-45 minutes.
While the chicken is marinating, go and preheat the grill to medium-high heat.
When the grill is hot and the chicken is done marinating, put the chicken on the grill and let it cook for 6-7 minutes on each side or until the juice from the chicken runs clear.
After you pull the chicken off the grill pour the reserved honey mustard sauce over the grilled chicken and let it rest under aluminum foil for about 5 and then serve the chicken with your favorite sides.
NOTE: Do not use marinade that has touched the raw chicken to put on top of the cooked chicken. This will cause food poisoning. Make sure to reserve some of the maridate at the beginning.
Related Recipe: Try our Crispy Honey Mustard Chicken!
To Make This Picky Eater Approved Recipe You Will Need:
- Small mixing bowl (THIS is a great set)
- Medium mixing bowl
- Plastic wrap
- Aluminum foil
Check Out This Whole Grain Mustard Recipe
Did you know that you can make your own whole grain mustard? Neither did I! I think that is pretty awesome.
It is actually quite simple to make but the ingredients might not be the easiest to find. If you are curious to make your own whole grain mustard take a look at Spoon Fork Bacon’s Homemade Whole Grain Mustard recipe.
Have you checked out our YouTube channel? We show you how to make our favorite recipes right in our own kitchens!
Our most popular cookbook – Dinner Made Easy – is all about quick, easy, and delicious family dinner entrees.
The complete family meal game plan in this cookbook is arranged in seven popular categories:
- 30 Minutes or Less
- 5 Ingredients or Less
- Pantry Essentials
- Slow Cooker
- Freezer Meals
- One Pan, One Pot
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
DINNER MADE EASY with Six Sisters’ Stuff <—– Click here to order!
More Grilled Chicken Recipes to Try:
- Pineapple Grilled Chicken Recipe
- Marinated Grilled Chicken Sandwich Recipe
- Maple Mountain Dew Grilled Chicken
- Honey Lime Grilled Chicken Marinade
- Rosemary Ranch Grilled Chicken Recipe
Grilled Honey Mustard Chicken Recipe
- ½ cup any whole grain mustard
- ½ cup honey
- 2 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic minced
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Whisk all ingredients in a small bowl.
- Reserve 4 tablespoons of sauce and then pour the remaining honey mustard mixture over the chicken, toss and cover with plastic wrap and let it sit for about 30-45 minutes at room temperature.
- Preheat the grill on medium-medium high heat, grill chicken for about 6 to 7 minutes per side or until chicken is done.
- Pour the reserved honey-mustard sauce over chicken and let rest under foil for about 5 minutes. Serve.
If you made our recipe be sure to tag us on Instagram so we can see your hard work using #sixsistersstuff.