Right now being 5 months pregnant, all I want is chicken (and cottage cheese) – but this recipe is perfect to fix my chicken craving! Ha Ha. The honey mustard sauce is delicious and the bacon on top just makes it taste so good!
Creamy Honey Mustard Chicken Recipe
- ⅓ cup honey
- 3 Tablespoons whole grain mustard (the one with the seeds)
- 1½ Tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- salt to season
- 5 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- ½ cup bacon bits
- 1½ cups milk
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch mixed with 1 tablespoon water
- 2 green onions chopped
- 2 Tablespoons fresh parsley chopped
- In a large, shallow dish, combine the honey, mustard, garlic, oil and salt to taste. Coat chicken evenly in the sauce. Set aside.
- Heat a nonstick pan (or skillet) over medium heat. Sear chicken fillets on each side in the oil until it just begins to brown (about 3 minutes per side -- not completely cooked through as we will finish them in the sauce).
- Add any remaining honey mustard sauce into the pan along with milk. Bring to a simmer while stirring occasionally to mix the favors through the sauce (about 3 minutes), until the chicken is cooked through. Transfer the chicken to a warm plate.
- Pour the cornstarch mixture into the centre of the pan, mixing it through the sauce until it thickens. Place chicken back into the pan; coat with the sauce. Top with the bacon and garnish with parsley and green onions.
Want to make this recipe even creamier? Try adding 1/2 cup of cream in place of 1/2 cup of milk!
Need a new skillet?
You can find my favorite ones HERE