We love grilled chicken and this is one of our favorite recipes. The chicken breasts are marinated in a dry rub, smothered in a pineapple mustard sauce and topped with ham, Swiss cheese and a pineapple ring.
You can serve on a plate or on a bun for a delicious sandwich!
Grilled Malibu Chicken Recipe
- 6 chicken breasts boneless skinless
- 2 Tablespoons BBQ seasoning
- 2 Tablespoons unsalted butter melted
- 20 ounces pineapple slices reserve juice
- 1 Tablespoon yellow mustard
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- 1 Tablespoon molasses
- 2 teaspoons worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 12 slices deli ham
- 6 slices Swiss cheese
- Put one chicken breast in a gallon zip-top bag and pound it until the entire breast is uniform in thickness, then move to a platter or rimmed sheet pan. Repeat with the remaining chicken breasts.
- Season both sides of each chicken breast with the BBQ seasoning, cover and refrigerate at least an hour.
- Combine melted butter, pineapple juice from canned pineapple slices, mustard, honey, molasses, Worcestershire sauce, and chili powder in a medium mixing bowl and whisk until smooth, then set aside.
- Grill one side of each chicken breast and each pineapple ring over direct heat until they are seared and have nice grill marks, about 2 minutes.
- Flip each chicken breast and ring, brush with the sauce, and cook another two minutes.
- Move the chicken to the indirect part of the grill and brush the top of each with the sauce.
- Top each breast with two slices of ham and drizzle the ham with the sauce.
- Put a slice of cheese then a pineapple ring on each breast and drizzle again with the sauce.
- Continue cooking with the grill lid down until the internal temperature reaches 160 degrees F (about 10 minutes).
- Mixing Bowl