I love all things barbecue. Whenever I get to pick where we eat out, it is always someplace that has barbecue chicken or ribs. Mm Mm Mm! One of my favorite combinations is barbecue and pineapple. They just go perfectly together in my book! These quesadillas are filled with some of my favorite things, and I think they are pretty delicious!
BBQ Chicken and Pineapple Quesadillas Recipe
- 1 pineapple sliced
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup BBQ Sauce
- non stick cooking spray
- 8 flour tortillas
- 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- ¼ cup jalapeno pepper sliced
- Grill your pineapple by cutting it into slices, sticking it on skewers and grilling over low heat. Cut into smaller, bite sized pieces and set aside.
- Sprinkle chicken breasts with salt and pepper and place on a grill or pan on medium heat. Grill or cook on both sides until done, brushing with barbecue sauce. Remove from heat and cut into thin strips or small pieces and set aside.
- Warm griddle over medium heat and spray with nonstick cooking spray. Place tortillas on griddle, sprinkle on shredded cheese (1/2 cup per quesadilla), chicken, pineapple and jalapeno slices.
- Top with a small drizzle of barbecue sauce and place another tortilla on top. Flip halfway through cooking. Cook until cheese is melted and quesadillas are golden brown and warmed through.