My husband and I love Panda Express. We eat there probably a lot more than we should! 😉 We’ve been trying to eat more in our home, like our baked sweet and sour chicken. While we were eating it – I realized I could do the same thing – with shrimp (that’s my favorite dish at Panda Express). I found a recipe for a honey sauce – and it was SO good! The perfect amount of sweetness with the crunchy battered shrimp!
Honey Walnut Shrimp Recipe
- 4 egg whites
- 1 cup cornstarch
- 1 cup canola oil
- 1 pound large shrimp (peeled and deveined)
- 4 Tablespoons honey
- ⅓ cup mayonnaise
- 2 Tablespoons sweetened condensed milk
- ½ cup candied walnuts
- In a medium bowl, whip egg whites until they start to get foamy.
- Mix in 1 cup of cornstarch until it makes a paste.
- In a large skillet, heat canola oil on medium-high heat. Dip each shrimp in the cornstarch mixture, and then fry it in the canola oil until it starts to brown (it will only take 3-5 minutes).
- Remove shrimp and set aside, letting them cool slightly.
- In a small bowl, mix together honey, mayonnaise, and sweetened condensed milk.
- You can toss the shrimp into the bowl and coat them directly, or drizzle the sauce over the shrimp.
- Medium Mixing Bowl
- Large Skillet
- small bowl