We are so happy to be partnering with Kroger to bring you our delicious Shrimp Scampi!
Shrimp has always been a favorite in our home! My kids love to order it whenever we go to restaurants. But this year we are trying to eat out much less and focus on eating from home! You won’t believe how EASY this Shrimp Scampi is to make. It really is just a few minutes on the stove, and a few minutes in the broiler and you are DONE!
If you are going the frozen route with seafood, I LOVE this Simple Truth Shrimp from Kroger. It tastes just as good as the fresh shrimp from the seafood counter! To make this recipe, make sure your shrimp is thawed before starting. You can put it in the fridge the night before you make it, or put your frozen shrimp in a colander and use COLD water to thaw it. Don’t use hot water or you will cook your shrimp early making the meat tough! Here’s how easy this Shrimp Scampi is to make:
- Preheat your oven to broil or 550 degrees.
- In an oven proof skillet, Heat up 1/4 cup of oil, 1/4 cup of butter, and 3 or 4 minced garlic cloves. Melt the butter with the oil first, then add your garlic in. Cook the garlic until it starts to turn brown.
- Stir in your shrimp, lemon juice, pepper and oregano. Cook that for 2 to 3 minutes until all of your shrimp turn pink. If you are using shrimp that is already cooked, only cook it for about a minute.
- Spread out your shrimp so it will cover the bottom of your pan and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, and bread crumbs.
- Place the skillet in your oven and broil 6 inches from the heat for about 2-3 minutes or until topping is golden brown. Make sure you watch it so it doesn’t burn!
- Remove the skillet from your oven and sprinkle the parsley on top and serve over pasta.
Watch my Shrimp Scampi Video HERE:
This post was sponsored by Kroger, but all opinions are my own.