Easy Shrimp Scampi
We are so happy to be partnering with Kroger to bring you The Best Shrimp Scampi Recipe!
Shrimp has always been a favorite in our home! My kids love to order it whenever we go to restaurants. But this year we are trying to eat out much less and focus on eating from home.
You won’t believe how EASY this Shrimp Scampi is to make. It really is just a few minutes on the stove, and a few minutes in the broiler and you are DONE.
What is the best shrimp to use in shrimp scampi?
Fresh and frozen shrimp both work well in this recipe. If you are going the frozen route with seafood, I LOVE this Simple Truth Shrimp from Kroger. It tastes just as good as the fresh shrimp from the seafood counter.
If using frozen shrimp, you’ll want to be sure it is thawed before making this recipe.
You can put the shrimp in the fridge the night before you make it, or put your frozen shrimp in a colander and use COLD water to thaw it.
Don’t use hot water or you will cook your shrimp early making the meat tough.
Love cooking as much as we do? Join our FREE private Facebook Group: Six Sisters’ Dinner Club!
How to make the best shrimp scampi
Preheat your oven to broil or 550 degrees. In an oven proof skillet, heat up 1/4 cup of oil, 1/4 cup of butter, and minced garlic.
Melt the butter with the oil first, then add your garlic in. Cook the garlic until it starts to turn brown.
Stir in your shrimp, lemon juice, pepper and oregano. Cook that for 2 to 3 minutes until all of the shrimp turn pink. If you are using shrimp that is already cooked, only cook it for about one minute.
Spread out the shrimp so it will cover the bottom of the pan. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and bread crumbs.
Place the skillet in your oven and broil 6 inches from the heat for about 2-3 minutes or until topping is golden brown. Make sure to watch closely so it doesn’t burn.
Remove the skillet from your oven and sprinkle the parsley on top and serve over cooked pasta.
Whole wheat pasta vs regular pasta:
We use whole wheat angel hair pasta in this shrimp scampi recipe. We have been trying to eat healthier, and this is an easy way to eat healthier and maintaining all the delicious flavor of this shrimp scampi recipe. Whole wheat pasta has fewer calories.
The main difference between whole wheat pasta and white pasta is all in the processing.
Whole wheat pasta has a stronger nuttier flavor and a more grainy consistency. Some people prefer the taste of white pasta over the whole wheat.
Know that both taste great with the best shrimp scampi, so use the pasta your family will want to eat.
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert and everything in-between.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
SIX SISTERS’ STUFF COPYCAT COOKING <—– CLICK HERE TO ORDER!
More shrimp recipes for you:
Some of the sisters love shrimp and seafood more than others. But we won’t tell Camille we said that!
- Grilled Buffalo Shrimp
- Sweet and Sour Shrimp and Broccoli
- Cilantro Lime Shrimp Tacos
- Szechwan Shrimp
- Honey Walnut Shrimp
- Olive Garden Copycat Shrimp Scampi (without Wine)
The Best Shrimp Scampi Recipe
- 3 teaspoons minced garlic
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup butter cubed
- 1 pound raw shrimp (peeled and deveined)
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ teaspoon oregano
- 10 ounces whole wheat angel hair pasta
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup dry bread crumbs
- ¼ cup fresh parsley minced
- Preheat your oven to broil.
- In an ovenproof skillet over medium heat, saute garlic in olive oil and butter until garlic starts to brown.
- Stir in the shrimp, lemon juice, pepper, and oregano. Cook and stir for 2-3 minutes or until all the shrimp turns pink.
- While shrimp cooks, prepare pasta according to directions on package.
- Spread out the shrimp evenly on the bottom of the pan.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and bread crumbs.
- Broil 6 inches from the heat for 2-3 minutes or until topping is golden brown.
- Garnish with parsley and serve over cooked pasta.
- Whole wheat pasta has a stronger nuttier flavor and a more grainy consistency. Some people prefer the taste of white pasta over the whole wheat.
- Oven Proof Skillet
- Wooden Spoon
- large pot