One of my favorite things about camping was the FOOD! Hobo tin-foil dinners are the perfect meal to make up ahead of time to bring camping with you!
You can even make these delicious meals on the grill at home or if you have a fire pit in your backyard you can throw them on there too!
If you ask me they are awesome any time of the year, but nothing beats the smoky taste from the fire.
If you are a fan of foil dinner packs like me, you won’t want to miss out on our other amazing recipes before you head out camping with your family. Take a look at our 30 delicious tin foil dinners recipes, 25 delicious camping recipes, pineapple bbq chicken foil pack dinners, and of course our super popular steak and potato foil pack dinners recipe.
What you need to make the best hobo tin foil dinners for camping!
Hamburger tin foil dinner ingredients:
- Ground beef
- Potatoes (we like redskin or Yukon gold)
- Carrots, thinly sliced
- Onion, diced
- Worcestershire sauce
- BBQ sauce (THIS kind has become a family favorite)
- Shredded cheddar cheese
What you will need to make ahead tin foil packet dinners for camping:
- Tin-foil/aluminum foil (heavy-duty if possible THIS kind works wonderfully)
- Nonstick cooking spray
If you want to make these hobo dinner packs as close to the camping version as possible without actually camping (I know it can be a lot of work), you can always try to build a fire in your backyard. But, if you are looking to do that, make sure to look at this article on how to make a bonfire in your backyard ahead of time. Howstuffworks.com has a lot of good information and things you might not have thought about! Always be safe while using fire.
Related Recipe: Try our Slow Cooker Ground Beef Hobo Dinner Recipe
Become a chef in your very own kitchen with these delicious recipes!
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks to dessert and everything in-between.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
Six Sisters’ Stuff COPYCAT COOKING <—– Click here to order!
If you are ready to get these hobo tin foil dinner packs made up, read below, and let’s get started!
To start making these foil packs get a large square piece of aluminum foil for each tin foil dinner (this recipe is for 4 dinners).
PRO TIP: Try to use heavy-duty foil as this will hold up best in the cooking process.
Then, spray the inside of the foil with nonstick cooking spray.
Next, separate the ground beef into 4 equal-sized patties and place them in the center of each piece of greased foil.
Now, peel and dice the potatoes, clean and slice the carrots, and dice the onion. Once that is done, divide it all evenly amongst the 4 dinners, placing the potatoes, carrots, and onion on top of the meat.
Next, sprinkle a little salt and pepper on top, along with a few dashes of Worcestershire sauce on top of each of the foil dinners.
Once that is done, fold all of the edges of the foil tightly around the entire meal for each of the foil packs.
After that is all done, place the dinner packs on the grill that is preheated to medium-high heat or over an open fire for about 25-30 minutes or until the meat and veggies are cooked all the way through.
Once they are done cooking, carefully open the foil (there will be hot steam that comes out) and top each one with BBQ sauce and shredded cheese. Then move them to a plate and enjoy!
You can bake these in the oven if you choose at 350 degrees for about an hour or until the meat and veggies are fully cooked through.
We all know what everyone wants to make while camping….S’MORES! So, mix it up a little with these amazing recipes:
- S’MORES CLUSTERS
- S’MORES TRAIL MIX
- S’MORES PROTEIN BITES
- S’MORES MAGIC BARS
- S’MORES BARK
- S’MORES DESSERT PIZZA
- 12 AMAZING S’MORES YOU NEED TO MAKE THIS SUMMER
- CAMPFIRE S’MORES BANANA BOATS
Easy Hobo Tin Foil Dinner Recipe
- 1 pound steak or ground beef
- 4 potatoes peeled and cubed
- 2 cups carrots thinly sliced
- 1 onion diced
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Worcestershire sauce to taste
- ½ cup barbecue sauce
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Use a large square piece of aluminum foil for each tin foil dinner. Spray foil with nonstick cooking spray.
- Separate ground beef into 4 equal patties, or steak into 4 servings, and place in the center of each piece of foil.
- Divide potatoes, carrots, and onion evenly between all 4 dinners and place on top of meat. Sprinkle with salt and pepper, to taste. Pour a few dashes of Worcestershire sauce on top of each dinner and fold foil up tightly around the entire meal.
- Cook on a grill on medium-high heat or an open fire for 25-30 minutes, or until vegetables and meat are cooked through.
- Open foil carefully and top with BBQ sauce and shredded cheese.
- Use heavy duty tin foil for best results
- Aluminum Foil
Be sure to not miss another recipe!
If you made our recipe be sure to tag us on Instagram so we can see your hard work using #sixsistersstuff.