Instant Pot Meatloaf Mashed Potatoes lets you make two of the best foods at the same time! I’m making it in these Ekovana stacking pans, but if you don’t have one of those, you can easily put the whole meatloaf in some tin foil.
Shape the tin foil so that it looks like a “loaf” pan, put your meat loaf in, and put it on top of your metal rack. The trick with this super easy recipe is to layer everything.
Start by layering your raw potatoes and placing them on the bottom of your pressure cooker so they are as level as you can possibly get them.
Most pressure cookers will come with a rack that you can lay on top of the potatoes for a steady platform for your meatloaf. But if you don’t have one, you can put your foil or pan right on top of the potatoes.
Once the meatloaf is cooked, you’ll carefully pull it out. Then all you have to do is add a few simple ingredients to your perfectly cooked potatoes and mash them right in the instant pot!
Watch how to make Instant Pot Meatloaf and Mashed Potatoes
Cooking things in the Instant Pot can be hard. But watching them makes things so much easier! Watch how I make both meatloaf and mashed potatoes at the same time:
Did you know we have a YouTube Channel? We have hundreds of easy recipes that you can watch! Check us out Every Monday for a new Instant Pot Recipe!
Instant Pot Meatloaf AND Mashed Potatoes Recipe
- 1½ pounds ground beef
- 2 eggs
- chopped onion (1/2 to 1 whole onion, depending on what you prefer)
- ¼ cup ketchup
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 cup oatmeal
- 1 can tomato soup
- 2 Tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 Tablespoons brown sugar
- 8 small potatoes
- 3 Tablespoons butter
- 3 Tablespoons milk
- 1 cup water
- In the bottom of your Instant Pot, place your potatoes so that they are level. Put in the metal rack on top of the potatoes pour in one cup a water and set aside.
- In a medium sized bowl, stir together the beef, eggs, chopped onion, oatmeal, ketchup, salt and pepper, 1/2 of soup, and 1 T Worcestershire sauce with your hands (it really is easier that way). Mold and put into a pan or foil shaped like a loaf pan. In a small bowl, stir brown sugar, the rest of Worcestershire sauce, and rest of the soup and pour over top of loaf.
- Close the lid and make sure the knob is on "sealing." Push the manual button and cook for 25 - 30 minutes. If your meatloaf is thick, you will want to stick with the 30 minutes.
- When it is done cooking, move the knob over to venting (quick release) and wait for the steam to come out.
- Remove the pan (or foil loaf) from the pot. Add butter, milk, salt and pepper on top of the potatoes. Mash to desired texture. Serve with potatoes with meatloaf.
- Instant Pot
- Mixing Bowl
We all have the 6qt Instant Pot and we LOVE it! Find it for $79.99 HERE.