My family LOVES Disneyland. It is seriously my mom’s favorite place on earth! Growing up, we made a trip to California about every other year to visit that magical place.
One of our favorite places to eat at Disneyland was right next to the Pirates of the Caribbean ride- they served amazing soups inside homemade bread bowls . . . it is seriously divine. I was looking at Disneyland online the other day (because I really want to take my kids there . . . someday . . . -sigh-) and came across this recipe for their soup! I made it the next day and it was amazing! It was almost as good as eating it right there in the Magic Kingdom! Almost . . .
Serves: 8 people
Disneyland's Loaded Potato Soup Recipe
Our favorite Disneyland recipe, Loaded Potato Soup!
- 1 pound bacon roughly chopped
- 1 medium yellow onion diced
- 1 large carrot peeled and diced
- ¾ cup diced celery
- 4 large russet potatoes diced
- 4 medium red potatoes diced
- ¼ cup flour
- 2 cups chicken stock (broth works fine too)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 cups heavy cream
- 1 can corn drained (optional, I just added it because it sounded good!)
- Optional garnishes chopped chives, bacon bits, sour cream, shredded cheddar and Monterey Jack cheese
- In a 6- to 8-quart stockpot over medium heat, fry bacon until crisp.
- Remove bacon and drain on paper towels, reserving half for garnish. In bacon fat, cook onions, carrots, and celery until the onions are translucent. Add potatoes and cook for 4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Whisk in flour and stir constantly over low heat until the flour is cooked and the mixture has thickened slightly, about 5 to 7 minutes. Add chicken stock and half of the bacon. Season with salt and pepper.
- Over medium-high heat, bring the soup to a simmer and cook for 25 minutes or until the potatoes are soft. Mash some of the potatoes for thicker, creamier texture. Add whipping cream (and can of corn if you want it) and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Adjust thickness by adding water or stock. Soup should have a creamy consistency.
- Season to taste, and garnish with toppings.
*Nutritional information does not include optional garnishes
Calories: 1173 kcal · Carbohydrates: 58 g · Protein: 11 g · Fat: 102 g · Saturated Fat: 50 g · Cholesterol: 219 mg · Sodium: 255 mg · Potassium: 1266 mg · Fiber: 5 g · Sugar: 7 g · Vitamin A: 3211 IU · Vitamin C: 21 mg · Calcium: 115 mg · Iron: 2 mg