Mimis Cafe has a special place in my heart. We had a huge luncheon there after our wedding and it is the first meal we had after our first baby was born! I love everything on their menu, especially this corn chowder!
Mimis Cafe Corn Chowder Recipe
This is the tastiest corn chowder ever, and so easy to make.
- ¼ cup butter
- 1 Tablespoon flour
- 6 Tablespoons onion chopped
- 4 stalks celery diced
- 2 ½ cups water
- 4 Russet potatoes peeled and cubed
- 2 cups frozen corn thawed
- 14 ounces creamed corn
- 2 Tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- dash white pepper
- 3 cups half and half cream
- Melt butter in sauce pan over medium heat. Add in the flour and whisk until smooth and a roux forms (about 2 minutes).
- Add onions and celery and saute 5 minutes until soft, but not brown.
- Add water, potatoes, frozen corn, creamed corn, sugar, salt, and pepper. Whisk together until smooth. Cover and simmer until potatoes are barely tender, about 30 minutes.
- Add half and half and simmer uncovered until soup has thickened into a creamy consistency, about 15 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste
Calories: 350 kcal · Carbohydrates: 47 g · Protein: 8 g · Fat: 17 g · Saturated Fat: 10 g · Trans Fat: 1 g · Cholesterol: 49 mg · Sodium: 838 mg · Potassium: 816 mg · Fiber: 4 g · Sugar: 6 g · Vitamin A: 628 IU · Vitamin C: 13 mg · Calcium: 126 mg · Iron: 2 mg
- Big saucepan
(Recipe from Mimis Cafe)
Questions & Reviews