Easy Homemade Pesto:
How to make cream cheese and pesto stuffed chicken
Step 3: Cut a horizontal slit along the thin, long edge of a chicken breast half, almost completely through to the other side (but don’t actually cut it in half. Open up each breast and place one-fourth of the filling in the center.
Step 4: Lightly beat egg white with a fork in a medium bowl. Place breadcrumbs in a shallow dish. Hold each chicken breast half together and dip in the egg white, then dredge in the breadcrumbs. Discard any leftovers.
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert and everything in-between.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
Serve this chicken with:
- Strawberry Spinach Salad with Homemade Poppyseed Dressing
- Parmesan Orzo
- Oven Roasted Broccoli and Cauliflower
- Broccoli and Cheese Orzo
- Easy Broiled Asparagus
Looking for more chicken breast recipes? These are our favorites:
- Maple Dijon Glazed Chicken
- Instant Pot Pesto Chicken and Potatoes
- Slow Cooker King Ranch Chicken Soup
- Healthy Chicken Bacon Ranch Casserole
Cream Cheese and Pesto Stuffed Chicken Recipe
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 egg white
- ½ cup plain bread crumbs
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 Tablespoons reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1 Tablespoon basil pesto
- fresh ground pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Coat a rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Combine cream cheese, pesto and pepper in a small bowl with a fork.
- Cut a horizontal slit along the thin, long edge of a chicken breast half, nearly through to the opposite side. Open up each breast and place one-fourth of the filling in the center. Close the breast over the filling, pressing the edges firmly together to seal. Repeat with the remaining chicken breasts and filling.
- Lightly beat egg white with a fork in a medium bowl. Place breadcrumbs in a shallow glass dish. Hold each chicken breast half together and dip in the egg white, then dredge in the breadcrumbs. (Discard leftovers.)
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken breasts; cook until browned on one side, about 2 minutes. Place the chicken, browned-side up, on the prepared baking sheet. Bake until the chicken is no longer pink in the center or until an instant-read thermometer registers 170°F, about 20 minutes.