We love this flavorful Creamy Fiesta Chicken! Use this easy dinner idea with your burritos, tacos, or even enchiladas! The best part is the Slow Cooker does all the work!
Want to try making this in the Instant Pot? Try our Instant Pot Creamy Fiesta Chicken HERE!
One of the fun thing about Mexican dishes is that you can dress them up or down according to what you like to eat, it is no different with this dish. So, make sure to have all your favorite toppings on hand when you make this Instant Pot chicken recipe.
Here are a few of our favorite toppings for this Fiesta Chicken Dish:
- Sour cream
- Green onion
- Red onion
- Diced tomatoes
- Verde salsa
- Taco sauce
- Lime juice
To turn this Creamy Fiesta Chicken into a freezer meal:
Place chicken, onion, corn, black beans, salsa, lime juice, taco seasoning, and ranch dressing mix into a gallon-sized freezer bag. Place freezer bag into freezer and it will last up to 90 days.
When ready to use, dump ingredients from bag into slow cooker and add 1/4 cup of water or chicken broth in with the frozen food. Place the lid on top and cook for 7-8 hours on low (4-5 hours on high).
Shred the chicken, then stir in the cream cheese and shredded cheese (cream cheese doesn’t freeze well, so you will want to add it in on the day you make it).
Want More Easy Dinner Ideas?
Join our email list today and we will send you a FREE ebook of our favorite dinner recipes – plus we will send you recipes each week to help make your dinner planning easier!
Join today by CLICKING HERE.
Have you checked out our YouTube channel? We show you how to make our favorite recipes right in our own kitchens!
Our newest cookbook is all about Pressure Cooking. If you love our Instant Pot recipes, this is the cookbook for you!
Each simple and delicious recipe contains clear instructions for prep and specific pressure cooking times from start to ready-to-serve.
Order your copy today!
INSTANT COOKING with Six Sisters’ Stuff <—– Click here to order!
Other Mexican Inspired Dishes:
- Easy Mexican Salsa Rice (Quick Spanish Rice) Recipe
- Mexican Street Corn Salad Recipe
- Slow Cooker Shredded Mexican Chicken Recipe
- Mexican Lasagna Recipe
- The Best Spanish Beef and Rice Bake Recipe (Mexican Casserole)
- Chicken Fiesta Enchiladas
Slow Cooker Creamy Fiesta Chicken Recipe
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 onion finely diced
- 15 ounces canned corn drained, (1 can)
- 15 ounces canned black beans rinsed and drained, (1 can)
- 1 cup salsa
- 2 Tablespoons lime juice
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 1 packet dry ranch dressing mix
- 8 ounces cream cheese room temperature, cut into pieces
- 1 cup shredded pepper jack cheese
- optional toppings (salsa, guacamole, sour cream, cilantro, etc)
- Spray slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place chicken breasts in the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Top with onion, corn, black beans, salsa, lime juice, taco seasoning, and dry ranch dressing mix. Add the cream cheese on top.
- Place the lid on the slow cooker and cook for 6-7 hours on low heat (or high heat for 3-4 hours, but I prefer the "low and slow" method).
- Shred the chicken using 2 forks (it should fall apart fairly easily; you can do this right in the slow cooker or remove the chicken and shred it on a cutting board if that is easier).
- Stir the shredded chicken and the shredded pepper jack cheese in with all the ingredients until the cheese is fully melted and smooth.
- Use this chicken for tacos, burritos, nachos, salads, enchiladas, quesadillas, etc. The possibilities are endless!
- Quite a bit of liquid will accumulate in the pot while it cooks. When I scoop the chicken mixture into a taco or any other way of serving it, I like to use a slotted spoon or tongs so that it doesn’t make everything else soggy. I have noticed that any leftovers thicken up after sitting in the fridge.
- To turn this into a freezer meal:
- Slow Cooker
- Non-stick Cooking Spray
- 2 Forks