add some crunch to your salad:
I am a total texture person. My husband on the other hand is not. Usually on my salad, I like to add something with a little crunch. Although this recipe doesn’t specifically call for it, here are some crunchy recommendations you can easily add:
- Almonds (candied is optional)
- Pecans (candied is optional)
- Walnuts (candied is optional)
- Wonton Strips
- Granola Bits (I like to use honey cinnamon granola, but any will work)
what could i use besides spinach?
This recipe calls for spinach because I feel like it pairs best with the strawberries and the salad dressing. However, you could easily add any leaf mixture to this salad. Here are a few recommendations:
- spring mix
- butter lettuce
- romain mix
Really any of your favorite greens would work with this recipe. Sometimes I like to do a mixture of greens to mix it up, every now and then.
watch how to make another light and refreshing strawberry dish, here:
Did you know we have a Youtube Channel? We have hundreds of simple and delicious recipes, your family is going to love. We take you through each recipe, step by step, and show you exactly how to make them.
Each recipe is tried and true, so you know your family will love them. Even the picky eaters will go crazy for these recipes.
We’ve got you covered from desserts, snacks, appetizers, main dishes, side dishes, drinks, and everything in-between.
This Strawberry Jello Fluff Salad, is so light and delicious. Watch how to make it, here:
looking for more side dishes? Here are a few of our favorite:
Strawberry Spinach Salad with Homemade Poppy Seed Dressing Recipe
- 2 Tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1 Tablespoon poppy seeds
- ⅓ cup sugar
- ½ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup white vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- ¼ teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- pepper dash
- 1 red onion divided
- 10 ounces fresh spinach (rinsed, dried and torn into bite-size pieces)
- 1 quart strawberries washed and sliced
- ¼ cup walnuts chopped
- ⅓ cup bacon bits
- ¼ cup crumbled feta cheese
- In a blender, toss in the sesame seeds, poppy seeds, sugar, olive oil, vinegar, paprika, Worcestershire sauce, ground pepper and 1 Tablespoon diced red onion. Blend until the onion is pureed.
- Pour the dressing into a bowl, cover, and chill for at least an hour.
- In a large bowl, combine the spinach, strawberries, walnuts, bacon bits, red onion slices (left over from the red onion listed above) and feta cheese. Toss lightly.
- Pour dressing over salad right before you are ready to eat it so that the spinach does not wilt.
- Large Bowl (2)
check out our new cookbook
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert and everything in-between.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
Six Sisters’ Stuff COPYCAT COOKING <—– Click here to order!