Our husbands are big banana cream pie lovers, but sadly enough a lot of the wives would rather have cake. This is one banana cream recipe that we can both agree on. We do love banana cream pudding.
The chunky candy bars added into the salad give it some crunch, but it’s sweeter than a regular pie crust. (That’s why the wives love this recipe)
The fresh strawberries add in the perfect amount of sweetness. This works as a side dish salad or even as a dessert.
You might look at these ingredients and think this is more of a dessert. But a salad is considered a cold dish of various mixtures. So this qualifies as a salad.
After one bite, you won’t care if it’s labeled as a dessert or salad, all you’ll care about is having some more.
can you use other pudding flavors?
We use banana instant pudding in Banana Creamy Dessert Salad. You could use other pudding flavors, but it will definitely change the taste of the salad.
Vanilla pudding would be good and all of the ingredients and flavors would still blend together well. Take careful consideration of any other pudding flavors to make sure they go together with the strawberries and candy bars.
But if you have a favorite pudding flavor that you know you can’t go wrong with, give it a try. If it’s your favorite, I’m sure you’ll like it in this dessert salad.
how to make banana cream dessert salad
This recipe is the easiest salad you’ll ever make. You can’t go wrong because all you do is mix simple ingredients together.
Here are some of the simple ingredients that are in this salad.
- Make the banana cream pudding as directed on the box. (Usually whisking in a few cups of milk.)
- After the pudding starts to thicken, stir in the Cool Whip. Then fold in sliced strawberries.
- Cut up the Snickers bars and Twix bars into small pieces and fold into the salad.
- Add a few candy bar chunks on top.
- Chill in the fridge until ready to serve.
IF YOU LOVE THIS Banana Cream Dessert SALAD, YOU’LL WANT TO TRY OUR CREAMY CHERRY WHIP SALAD. IT’S SO EASY AND DELICIOUS!
helpful items used in this recipe
- Whisk – Silicone Balloon Whisk is perfect for so many recipes.
- Mixing Bowls – This 3 piece set of mixing bowls have non skid bottoms and handles.
- Mixing Spoons – Loving this 2 pack of high temp mixing spoons. Good for hot or cold dishes.
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert, and everything in-between.
WE ARE SO EXCITED TO SHARE THESE RECIPES WITH YOU. ORDER YOUR COPY TODAY!
SIX SISTERS’ STUFF COPYCAT COOKING <—– CLICK HERE TO ORDER!
here are more easy salads for a great side dish:
- 5 Minute Mixed Berry Parfait Yogurt Salad
- 5 Minute Pistachio Salad
- Grape Salad
- Creamy Cherry Whip Salad
- Weight Watchers Jello Pudding Fluff
Have you seen our YouTube channel?
Be sure to make our delicious Grape Salad.