To be honest, I am not sure where this recipe came from – it was one that I found at my mom’s house, buried deep in her recipe drawer.
She made it for us a couple of times and it was always one of my favorite dinners. I now make it for my family on the regular – it’s one of those tried-and-true slow cooker recipes that could not be easier to make!
Ingredients needed for Slow Cooker Chili’s Fajitas
- sirloin steak (you could also use a flank steak)
- 1 envelope dry onion soup mix
- diced green chilies
- lime juice
- green and red bell pepper
- your favorite toppings
Tips for making these fajitas
- I don’t recommend cooking the peppers and onions with the meat – they tend to become mushy and very soft. I prefer to saute my peppers in a skillet on the stove, so that I can control how crisp/tender they are. However, if you don’t mind them being soft, you can throw the peppers in with the meat about halfway through cooking time (or you can throw them in at the beginning if you need to).
- You can serve these with corn or flour tortillas – it’s completely your choice. I have even seen those cute street taco tortillas and those would be perfect for this.
- This recipe will feed 4-6 people (4 adults or 2 adults and 4 kids). If you need to feed more, it can easily be doubled (I double it all the time and freeze half of the meat for another meal).
- Depending on how big or small you cut the steak pieces will determine the cooking time. My steak was done at about 6 1/2 hours on low – just start checking it around 5 hours and once it falls apart easily, it’s ready to eat!
The Best fajita toppings
Besides the onions and peppers, feel free to add your favorite fajita toppings! These are some of our favorites:
- shredded lettuce
- sour cream (we substitute our sour cream for plain Greek yogurt)
- Tabasco or hot sauce
watch us cook!
Watch how to make one of our favorite fajita recipes on our YouTube Channel!
We have hundreds of simple and delicious recipes, your family is going to love. We take you through each recipe, step by step, and show you exactly how to make them.
More easy slow cooker dinners:
if you love copycat recipes . . .
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert and everything in-between.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
Six Sisters’ Stuff COPYCAT COOKING <—– Click here to order!