Our family loves this Easy Baked Parmesan Chicken, so I took it up a notch by stuffing the chicken with spinach, cream cheese, mozzarella and parmesan cheese then smothering it with marinara.
It was a hit! The crumb coating on the outside got nice and crispy and the chicken was juicy and tender, just how we like it.
How to Make Spinach and Cheese Stuffed Chicken Bundles:
Don’t be fooled by their appearance! These Spinach and Cheese Stuffed Chicken Bundles are so easy to make.
Start by preheating the oven to 375 degrees F. While the oven preheats, combine softened cream cheese, drained spinach, parmesan cheese and some of the mozzarella cheese.
Season with salt and pepper, as desired.
This recipe uses frozen spinach, which retains a lot of water and can get a little soggy when it thaws out.
To drain my frozen spinach I place it in a wire mesh colander and press on it repeatedly with paper towels. That way the paper towels absorb some of the liquid and the rest drains through the colander.
However you decide to drain your spinach, just try and get all the excess liquid out.
You also want to prep your chicken breasts. Cut boneless, skinless chicken breasts in half so they are about 1/4-inch thick and set aside.
Place a few tablespoons of the spinach mixture on the widest end of each chicken breast. Roll them up and secure each bundle with toothpicks.
Be sure to remember how many toothpicks you use so you can make sure to remove the correct amount of toothpicks after baking.
Next, you will dip each chicken bundle in egg and then coat it in crushed cracker crumbs.
Place each dipped chicken bundle seam side down in a 9×13-inch baking pan sprayed with nonstick cooking spray.
Bake for 30 minutes then remove from the oven. Carefully remove all toothpicks from the chicken bundles.
Spoon marinara onto each chicken bundle then sprinkle on remaining mozzarella cheese.
Place back in the oven for 10 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
The best baked chicken recipes:
Spinach & Cheese Stuffed Chicken Bundles Recipe
- 4 ounces fat free cream cheese softened
- 10 ounces frozen chopped spinach 1 package, thawed and drained
- 1½ cups shredded Mozzarella cheese divided
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 eggs
- 20 Ritz crackers crushed
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a mixing bowl. Combine softened cream cheese, drained spinach, 1 cup Mozzarella, and Parmesan cheese.
- Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Cut each chicken breast in half to make them around 1/4-inch thick.
- Place a few tablespoons of spinach mixture on the widest end of each chicken breast.
- Roll up and secure closed with toothpicks; set aside.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk eggs; set aside.
- Crush Ritz crackers in a small resealable bag, pour into a small mixing bowl and set aside.
- Dip each chicken bundle in egg until coated, then roll in cracker crumbs and place seam side down in a
- 9 x 13 inch baking dish sprayed with nonstick cooking spray.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven, carefully remove all toothpicks, and spoon 2 tablespoons of marinara on top of each chicken bundle and top with a sprinkle of the remaining mozzarella cheese.
- Mixing Bowl
- Small Mixing Bowl
- 9x13-inch Baking Pan
- Non-stick Cooking Spray
Be sure to not miss another recipe!