This is a great recipe to make when you are craving a little taste of summer! Everyone will be asking you for this recipe.
ingredients needed to make these cookies:
- strawberry cake mix
- lemon cake mix
- vegetable oil
- lemon juice
- powdered sugar
how to make strawberry lemonade cookies:
Now that we have everything needed, start by preheating the oven to 375 degrees.
- Grab your favorite large mixing bowl (I like these), the lemon cake mix, 2 eggs, 1/3 cup of vegetable oil and a teaspoon of lemon juice. Mix all of these together and set it aside until later.
- In another large mixing bowl take the strawberry cake mix, the rest of the eggs, and the remaining vegetable oils and lemon juice and add them all together. Make sure everything is mixed well until combined.
- Now that the main parts have been started, cover them in plastic wrap and set them in the fridge for about 15-20 minutes to let the dough rest and firm up.
LET’S GET THINGS ROLLING
- After both the lemon cake and strawberry cake mix has rested grab the dough from the fridge and spoon out about 2 teaspoons of each dough. Roll each of them into a tight ball.
- Next, carefully roll the two balls together to create the ideal look of half strawberry and half lemon cookies. Be sure to be gentle while rolling them together otherwise you will just end up with light pink cookies! Though if it does happen, they will still taste delicious.
- One the cookie is formed, place them on the cookie sheet lined with parchment paper or a silicone sheet. Make sure to place them about 2 inches apart to avoid them running into each other.
- Keep rolling the strawberry lemonade cake mix cookies until you run out of room on the cookie sheet or out of dough. If you’re anything like me, you might even snag some of the cookie dough. Though, if you really like cookie dough you should check out THIS recipe!!
- Once you are done filling up a sheet simply pop it into the oven for about 9-10 minutes. Make sure to be careful to not OVER cook these cookies since they will keep cooking on the cookie sheet for 2-3 minutes.
TIME TO COOL DOWN
- After the cookies have been out of the oven for a few minutes, move the strawberry lemonade cookies to the cookie cooling rack to finish cooling off.
- Once the cookies are done cooling off CAREFULLY dip the cookie into the bowl with powdered sugar to get a nice dusting. If there is a bit that sticks, slightly tap the cookie on the side of the bowl to get any excess powdered sugar to fall off.
- Then place the cookies on the rack to finish cooling off.
Tips and Tricks
- Make sure you have a big enough bowl of powdered sugar so your hand can fit in it comfortably to dip the cookies.
- If there is a bit that sticks, slightly tap the cookie on the side of the bowl to get any excess powdered sugar to fall off.
- You might even just sprinkle some powdered sugar on the cookies are you hesitant they might break.
THE FINISHING TOUCHES
- While at this point the strawberry lemonade cookies look absolutely divine, there is one more step to put these cookies over the top!
- Once the cookies have cooled completely, grab another bowl to mix up the glaze. For this bowl, a simple cereal bowl or smaller will do. Put a cup of powdered sugar and a tablespoon of lemon juice and mix until they are fully combined.
- To finish off the cookies, gently drizzle the tasty lemon glaze with a spoon to make these already delicious strawberry lemonade cookies to die for!
Related recipe: If you love strawberry cookies, check out our Strawberry Crinkle Cookies, too!
KEYS FOR SUCCESS
- Sift the powdered sugar before beginning if its a bit lumpy in order to get a smooth glaze
- Slowly add more lemon juice to the glaze to make it thinner
- To thicken the glaze up gradually add more powdered sugar
Toppings to add:
What to take these cookies to the next level? Consider adding these toppings:
- Graham cracker crumbs
- Fresh lemon zest
- Minced fresh strawberries
- Chopped fresh mint
Be sure to add these before the glaze sets to ensure the toppings stay.
NEED MORE RECIPE INSPIRATION?
- Copycat Lemonberry Slush
- Lemon Blueberry Breakfast Cake
- No Bake Lemon Cookie Truffles
- Strawberry Shortcake Shish Kabobs
CHECK THIS OUT!
Did you know that you can find some of your favorite restaurant dishes in our new cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We have taken some of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them at home!
This cookbook includes over 100 copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks to dessert and everything in-between.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
Six Sisters’ Stuff COPYCAT COOKING <—– Click here to order!