Cake mix and peanut butter bars are the perfect combination! And it is so easy to make! But beware….. once you start eating these there is no stopping! I almost ate half the pan by myself!
Cake Mix Peanut Butter Bars Recipe
- 1 cup peanut butter
- ½ cup water
- 1 large egg
- 15.25 ounces yellow cake mix
- ½ cup margarine softened, 1 stick
- ¼ cup milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla (1-2 depending on your taste)
- 3 Tablespoons cocoa powder
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- Heat the oven to 350°F.
- Spray a 13 X 9-inch pan with no-stick cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl combine 1 cup of peanut butter, water and egg in large bowl, stirring until smooth. Stir in cake mix until blended well. Spread into prepared pan.
- BAKE 20 to 25 minutes or until puffed and light golden brown. Cool completely.
- Mix all ingredients with a hand mixer until smooth. Add more powdered sugar or milk until you reach desired consistency and spread on top of bars.
- 9x13-inch Baking Pan
- Medium Mixing Bowl
- Hand mixer
- Small Mixing Bowl