Our delicious Cake Mix Peanut Butter Bars are such a great way to make up delicious peanut butter cake bars with the help of plain yellow cake mix that is topped with a delicious chocolate frosting, talk about a perfect dessert.
Surprisingly enough, for this perfect bake sale recipe, you won’t even need semi-sweet chocolate chips to make these cake mix cookie bars.
When you use cake mixes, you can forgo the need to use any brown sugar, all-purpose flour, or any of the other list of simple ingredients.
Make sure to print or pin this recipe and store it in your recipe box for the next time you need an easy dessert recipe.
You can use natural peanut butter for this recipe, or you can even use other nut butters if you’re not a fan of the peanut flavor. If you want to add a little extra twist, you can make them into peanut butter fudge bars! The options are endless for this one. There’s nothing better than easy peanut butter cookie bars, so let’s get started!
Ingredients used to make Cake Mix Peanut Butter Bars:
Peanut Butter Bars
- Creamy peanut butter
- Large eggs
- Yellow boxed cake mix
- Margarine softened to room temperature (or melted butter)
- Vanilla extract
- Cocoa powder
- Powdered sugar
How to make Cake Mix Peanut Butter Bars:
- Heat the oven to 350°F.
- Spray a 13 X 9-inch pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl combine 1 cup peanut butter, water, and egg with an electric mixer until the batter is smooth. Stir in cake mix until blended well in the large bowl. Spread into prepared pan.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until puffed and light golden brown. Cool completely.
- Mix all ingredients with a hand mixer until smooth. Add more powdered sugar or milk until you reach desired consistency and spread the chocolate mixture on top of the bars.
Tip for making our cake mix cookie bar recipe:
You can make these peanut butter treats even more delicious by sprinkling either some peanut butter chips or white chocolate chips on top.
Also, melting a cup of peanut butter and drizzling it over top would be fantastic.
To keep the peanut butter chocolate bars fresh, store them in an airtight container for 3-4 days. If you want the topping to harden, keep them in the fridge.
New cake mix cookies and bar recipes:
- Italian Fresh Green Salad Recipe
- Garlic Roasted Potatoes Recipe
- Slow Cooker Cheese Potatoes Recipe
- Mom’s Easy Potato Salad Recipe
Other easy recipes to make for dessert:
- Slow Cooker Creamy Ranch Chicken Recipe
- Slow Cooker Ritz Chicken Recipe
- Slow Cooker Beef Sirloin Tips and Gravy Recipe
- Slow Cooker Beef Tips and Rice Recipe
- Slow Cooker Mongolian Beef Recipe
Love cooking as much as we do? Join our FREE private Facebook Group: Six Sisters’ Dinner Club!
Cake Mix Peanut Butter Bars Recipe
- 1 cup peanut butter
- ½ cup water
- 1 large egg
- 15.25 ounces yellow cake mix
- ½ cup margarine softened, 1 stick
- ¼ cup milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla (1-2 depending on your taste)
- 3 Tablespoons cocoa powder
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- Heat the oven to 350°F.
- Spray a 13 X 9-inch pan with no-stick cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl combine 1 cup of peanut butter, water and egg in large bowl, stirring until smooth. Stir in cake mix until blended well. Spread into prepared pan.
- BAKE 20 to 25 minutes or until puffed and light golden brown. Cool completely.
- Mix all ingredients with a hand mixer until smooth. Add more powdered sugar or milk until you reach desired consistency and spread on top of bars.
- You can make these peanut butter treats even more delicious by sprinkling either some peanut butter chips or white chocolate chips on top.
- 9×13-inch Baking Pan
- Medium Mixing Bowl
- Hand mixer
- Small Mixing Bowl
If you made our recipe be sure to tag us on Instagram so we can see your hard work using #sixsistersstuff.