You can now enjoy the best easy chocolate cream pie recipe when you make our chocolate pie! It is delightfully creamy, light, fluffy, and definitely plenty chocolatey.
For the perfect Thanksgiving pie recipe, give this easy chocolate cream pie recipe a try! It is truly one of the easiest things you will make to serve this holiday season.
Plus it will serve as a great chocolate cream pie for those that are not lovers of fruit pies. I always like to have options when hosting and this easy pie recipe is always on the menu.
Since it only takes about an hour and a half to finish making, this is a great recipe to whip up the same day of a get-together, especially if you are in a pinch. What is nice is you can make this recipe as fancy or basic as you want based on how you want to top it off.
We have even more chocolate pie recipes you can look at too! Chocolate Pecan Pie Recipe, German Chocolate Cream Pie Recipe, and Chocolate Chess Pie are all wonderful too and definitely crowd pleasers.
Ingredients You Need to Make Our Easy Chocolate Cream Pie Recipe:
- Premade pie crust
- Instant chocolate pudding mix
- Heavy whipping cream
- Cool whip topping
- Chocolate shavings
How To Make Our Easy Chocolate Cream Pie Recipe:
Being making this easy chocolate pie by baking the pie crust according to the directions on the package.
Allow the crust to cook down completely.
Then in a large mixing bowl combine the instant chocolate pudding mix packages, cold heavy whipping cream, cold milk and mix it all together.
Now, use a whisk and mix it all in the bowl with a whisk for about 2 minutes, or until you see the chocolate filling start to thicken up.
Once the pie crust is completely cool, spread out the chocolate filling in the pie crust and place it in the fridge to let it set up for about an hour.
After the pie is set, spread the thawed cool whip topping on top of the chocolate filling, being careful to spread it out and now mix it into the chocolate filling.
Then simply garnish the pie off with the chocolate shavings and either serve it right away or or store it in the fridge until you are ready to serve it.
To Make this Classic Chocolate Cream Pie Recipe You Will Need:
- Large mixing bowl
- Whisk (THESE are nice ones)
- Vegetable peeler
Do You Refrigerate Chocolate Cream Pie?
You will most definitely want to refrigerate this chocolate pie recipe. Since it is largely dairy based it will need to be kept at 41 degrees Fahrenheit or less so that it does not go bad.
How Do You Keep a Chocolate Cream Pie From Being Runny?
The best way to keep this pie from being runny is making sure to keep it refrigerated. Also we definitely suggest eating this pie the same day for the texture to be the best.
You can also wait to add the cool whip topping and chocolate shaving until right before you are ready to serve the pie.
The Best Way to Shave Chocolate
Since it is probably unlikely that you keep chocolate shavings in your kitchen you will probably try to make your own, I definitely do!
It’s actually not that complicated to make fancy looking chocolate curls at home. Culinary Hill has a great blog on how to make chocolate curls with a chocolate bar and a vegetable peeler.
Want More Easy Dinner Ideas?
Join our email list today and we will send you a FREE ebook of our favorite dinner recipes – plus we will send you recipes each week to help make your dinner planning easier!
Join today by CLICKING HERE.
Have you checked out our YouTube channel? We show you how to make our favorite recipes right in our own kitchens!
Our newest cookbook is all about Pressure Cooking. If you love our Instant Pot recipes, this is the cookbook for you!
Each simple and delicious recipe contains clear instructions for prep and specific pressure cooking times from start to ready-to-serve.
Order your copy today!
INSTANT COOKING with Six Sisters’ Stuff <—– Click here to order!
Love cooking as much as we do? Join our FREE private Facebook Group: Six Sisters’ Dinner Club!
Pie Recipes to Make and Share:
- Caramel Pecan Turtle Pumpkin Pie Recipe
- No Bake Coconut Cream Pie Recipe
- Mini Pumpkin Pies With Graham Cracker Crust Recipe
- Frozen Peanut Butter Cloud Pie Recipe
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Ice Cream Pie Recipe
- No Bake Chocolate Cream Pie Recipe
- The Best Dutch Apple Pie Recipe
- Easy Double Layer Pumpkin Pie Recipe
Thanksgiving Desserts Recipes to Add to the Menu:
- Thanksgiving Turkey Cupcakes Recipe
- Raspberry Pretzel Jello Salad Dessert Recipe
- Caramel Marshmallow Rice Krispie Balls Recipe
- Pumpkin Sheet Cake Recipe
- 3 Ingredient M&M Fudge Recipe
- Orange Fluff Jello Salad Recipe
- Rolo Pretzel Turtle Bites Recipe
- No Bake Reese’s Fudge Bars Recipe
- Pumpkin Spice Cheesecake Recipe
- Pumpkin Pecan Cobbler Recipe
Easy Chocolate Cream Pie Recipe
- 1 10 ounce pre-made pie crust (either 9 or 10” pie crust)
- 2 packages Instant Chocolate Pudding and Pie Filling Mix (3.4 ounces each)
- 2 cups cold heavy whipping cream
- ¾ cup cold milk
- 1 cup cool whip (frozen whipped topping), thawed
- Chocolate Shavings (optional topping, see note)
- Prepare pie crust as directed on package. Let cool for at least 15 minutes (or cool completely).
- In a large bowl, combine pudding mixes, heavy whipping cream, and milk. Beat for 2 minutes using a wire whisk.
- Pour pudding mix into cooled pie crust.
- Place in the fridge for at least 1 hour or until pudding is set.
- Spread Cool Whip on top before serving and garnish with chocolate shavings.
- Store leftovers in fridge.
- Large Mixing Bowl
- Vegetable Peeler
Be sure not to miss another recipe! Follow Six Sisters’ Stuff on Instagram|Facebook|Pinterest|YouTube
If you made our recipe be sure to tag us on Instagram so we can see your hard work using #sixsistersstuff.