I live for Girl’s Scout cookie season, just so I can get my hands on some of those beautiful, Samoa cookies.
I don’t think there is any better combination that chocolate, caramel and coconut. These brownies combine all the flavors of my favorite cookie into a dessert that just might rival the actual cookie.
They are simple to make, and full of flavor. If you have to make a dessert to feed a crowd, this is definitely a good one to make.
They are also extremely rich, so it doesn’t take much to feel satisfied after eating a small one. If you are a Samoa (or Coconut Dream) cookie fan, you need these beauties in your life, stat.
What size pan do I use to make this recipe?
This recipe depends on what brownie mix you use. You will most likely use an 8 x 8, 9 x 9, or 9 x 13 inch pan for this recipe, depending on what brownie mix you use.
For this recipe, you will want to make the brownies, according to the box directions, then follow the rest of the recipe as directed.
How to get the perfect chocolate drizzle:
Drizzling chocolate over desserts can get a little tricky. Especially when the dessert is large and covers an entire pan.
To get the best drizzle, you will want to melt your chocolate (I used milk chocolate chips, and melted them in the microwave), then pour the melted chocolate into a zip lock bag.
in one of the bottom corners of the bag, cut a small hole (depending on how big or small you cut your hole, will determine the size of your drizzle), and squeeze the chocolate out of the bag, onto your dessert, moving back and forth slowly, covering all the area you wish, with your drizzle.
That’s all there is to it.
Related Article: These Lunch Lady Peanut Bars are the EXACT same recipe that they served in your cafeteria growing up!
LOOKING FOR MORE CHOCOLATY RECIPES? HERE ARE A FEW OF OUR FAVORITES:
- Cookies and Cream Muddy Buddies
- Chocolate Mint Oreo Fudge
- Double Decker Chocolate Peanut Butter Fudge
- Chocolate Caramel Brownie Trifle
- Chocolate Caramel Toffee Crunch Cake
- Sheet Pan Fudgy Brownies
- Cake Mix Caramel Brownies
- Double Brownie Muddy Buddies
Samoa Brownies Recipe
- 18.3 ounces brownie mix 1 box
- 3 Tablespoons water
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 3½ cups shredded coconut toasted
- 2 (14 ounce) packages caramel candies
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 4 Tablespoons milk
- 3 ounces semisweet chocolate
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare brownie mix according to box directions by adding the water, oil, and eggs (or what is directed on back of box) and cool completely.
- Then adjust oven to 400 degrees F and place coconut on baking pan. Cook for 2-3 minutes. Stir coconut and cook for another 2-3 minutes until toasted. Watch closely so it doesn't burn.
- Unwrap the caramels and in a large microwaveable bowl, add unwrapped caramels, salt, and milk and cook on high for 3 minutes, or until caramels are melted and smooth. (Stirring about every 45-60 seconds).
- Add coconut to caramel and mix together. Spread over cooled brownies.
- Refrigerate 4-5 hours or overnight.
- Remove at least 1 hour from the fridge before cutting.
- Cut into bars and drizzle with melted semi-sweet chocolate.
- Make sure you use a 9×13 brownie mix
- Mixing Bowl
- 9×13-inch Baking Pan
- Microwave Safe Bowl
Check out our new cookbook
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert and everything in-between.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
Six Sisters’ Stuff COPYCAT COOKING <—– Click here to order!