Growing up, our Mom went all out for Halloween. She made it such a fun, magical holiday for us and we would celebrate all October long.
I loved helping her in the kitchen, especially when she was making delicious baked goods.
Nothing would bring our family together more than cooking and eating together in the kitchen and these holiday treats are part of some of our favorite childhood memories!
Now that you are sick of my rambling, let’s get to the Mummy Brownie recipe!
You could use boxed brownies for this recipe if you are short on time, but these homemade brownies are our family’s favorite recipe!
The Best Homemade Brownie Recipe:
All you need is a few simple ingredients to make these delicious, homemade brownies.
Start by preheating the oven to 350 degrees.
While the oven is heating up, beat together unsweetened cocoa powder and eggs until well combined.
Next, add salt, baking powder and vanilla and mix until combined.
Pour in melted butter and sugar and mix until well combined.
Mix in the flour until it’s well incorporated. Make sure to use a rubber spatula to get all the flour off the sides of the bowl.
Spread the brownie batter into a half baking sheet that’s been sprayed with nonstick cooking spray.
Bake for 35-40 minutes, or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean. Let cool then cut into 24 bars.
How to make Mummy Brownies:
Now for the fun part! You can let your kids decorate their own mummies. My kids love helping, but the brownies usually end up covered in candy eye balls. Haha!
If you used boxed brownies, just pick up the recipe from this point on.
Place white chocolate chips in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave for 2 minutes then stir until smooth.
Pour melted chocolate into a baggie, cut the tip off one corner, then drizzle back and forth over each brownie.
Press two candy eyes into the melted chocolate on each brownie.
Let cool until melted chocolate sets up (you can put them in the fridge if you need them to set up quickly).
There’s always something to celebrate! This cookbook is the ultimate go-to guide for celebrating every holiday and creating memories with the people you love.
Celebrate every season with us! Our cookbook, Celebrate Every Season, is filled with 150+ recipes, traditions and fun ideas for each month of the year.
We hope you make priceless memories with your family as you celebrate every season with this cookbook!
Order your copy here → Six Sisters’ Stuff Celebrate Every Season
The best Halloween party foods:
Halloween Mummy Brownies Recipe
- 4 eggs
- 1½ cups unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla
- 2 cups butter (melted)
- 4 cups sugar
- 2½ cups flour
- 2 cups white chocolate chips (melted)
- 48 candy eyeballs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray a half baking sheet (18"x13"x1") with nonstick cooking spray; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl or stand mixer, beat together eggs and cocoa powder.
- Add salt and baking powder and mix until combined.
- Mix in vanilla.
- Add melted butter and sugar and mix until well combined.
- Mix in flour until well combined.
- Spread in prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes, or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool and cut into squares.
- Place white chocolate chips in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave for 2 minutes, then stir until smooth.
- Pour melted white chocolate into a baggie, cut the tip off one corner of the bag and pipe back and forth over brownies.
- Press two candy eyes into the melted chocolate on each brownie.
- Let cool until set, then serve.
Have you checked out our YouTube channel? You can find ALL KINDS of fun Halloween treats there!