I love this delicious slow cooker sweet and sour meatballs recipe. I use it on those nights where I either don’t have time to cook, or simply just don’t feel like it.
But with this frozen meatball recipe, you wouldn’t even know that it is a matter of dumping the ingredients in and letting the slow cooker do it’s thing. The flavor you get with this easy recipe is amazing.
Plus, it is a super budget-friendly dinner recipe that you can pull out when you need something easy and on the cheaper side. So, make sure you add this to your dinner menu this week. It also makes for a delicious appetiezer too!
Ingredients You’ll Need For Our Slow Cooker Sweet and Sour Meatballs:
- Sweet and sour sauce
- Brown sugar
- Soy sauce
- Garlic powder
- Frozen meatballs
- Red bell pepper
- Green bell pepper
- Pineapple chunks
How To Make Our Slow Cooker Sweet and Sour Meatballs:
Begin by getting out your slow cooker and spraying it down with nonstick cooking spray. Or make this recipe even easier (especially for clean up) by using a slow cooker liner!
Then pour the sweet and sour sauce (the whole bottle) into the slow cooker, along with the brown sugar, soy sauce, garlic powder and then mix it all up.
Now add in the frozen meatballs, cubed red bell pepper, cubed green bell pepper, diced onion, and drained can of pineapple chunks.
Stir everything together once more.
Now place the lid on the slow cooker and turn it on low and allow the meatballs to cook for 7-8 hours or on high for 4-5 hours.
When there is about 20-30 minutes left in the cooking time, make your favorite rice according to the package. (Instant rice is always a great option!)
Then just serve the sweet and sour meatballs over rice and enjoy!
To Make This Budget-Friendly Dinner You Will Need:
- Slow cooker (THIS is a great one!)
- Nonstick cooking spray
- Can opener
Fresh or Frozen Meatballs
In this recipe we use frozen meatballs. There are a few kinds you can use. There are turkey meatballs if you’d like to make these a little healthier.
You can also use Swedish meatballs or Italian meatballs, it just depends on your preference. Either way this recipe will taste amazing with any of them!
You can also make your own homemade meatballs if you want too! If you want to go that route, try Gimme Some Oven’s meatball recipe in place of the frozen meatballs. Just be sure to cut down on the time if you don’t freeze the meatballs beforehand.
Try This Easy Slow Cooker Recipe as an Appetizer!
While this recipe makes for a wonderful and easy dinner, it can also be served as a tasty appetizer! Make them up and serve them in either the slow cooker, or a cute serving dish with toothpicks.
Want More Easy Dinner Ideas?
Join our email list today and we will send you a FREE ebook of our favorite dinner recipes – plus we will send you recipes each week to help make your dinner planning easier!
Join today by CLICKING HERE.
Our latest cookbook – Six Ingredients with Six Sisters’ Stuff – is all about using a few ingredients to make a delicious dinner! With only 6 ingredients or less per recipe in this cookbook, cooking has never been easier!
Whether you are a cook just starting out or a busy parent looking to save time in the kitchen, this cookbook is for you! It’s full of entrees, side dishes, and desserts.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
SIX INGREDIENTS with Six Sisters’ Stuff <—– Click here to order!
Enjoy These Easy Meatball Recipes Too!
- Slow Cooker Sweet and Tangy Meatballs Recipe
- Instant Pot Sweet and Tangy Meatballs Recipe
- Brown Sugar Turkey Meatballs Recipe
- Cheesy BBQ Meatballs
- Buffalo Chicken Meatballs
- Slow Cooker Swedish Meatballs
- Slow Cooker Honey Buffalo Meatballs
Slow Cooker Sweet and Sour Meatballs Recipe
- 10 ounces sweet and sour sauce 1 bottle
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 pounds frozen meatballs
- 1 red bell pepper medium, cubed
- 1 green bell pepper medium, cubed
- 1 onion medium, diced
- 20 ounces pineapple chunks 1 can, drained
- Spray inside of slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place all ingredients inside the slow cooker and stir gently.
- Place lid on slow cooker. Cook on low for 7-8 hours or on high for 4-5 hours.
- Serve over rice as a main dish or serve with toothpicks for a yummy appetizer.
- Make it simple using frozen store bought meatballs.
- Use a slow cooker liner to make clean up a breeze.
- You can use instant rice for an even easier option when making these slow cooker sweet and sour meatballs as a main dish.
- Serve from the slow cooker as an appetizer or from a serving dish.
- Slow Cooker
- Non-stick Cooking Spray
- Can Opener
If you made our recipe be sure to tag us on Instagram so we can see your hard work using #sixsistersstuff.