Every Halloween I make homemade cinnamon rolls and hot chocolate for all the trick-or-treaters in our neighborhood. It’s quite the undertaking!
I absolutely love homemade cinnamon rolls, but I don’t love the time and mess it takes to make them.
The other great thing about this recipe is you don’t have to fuss with yeast, which so many people hate dealing with when it comes to making cinnamon rolls.
That’s where this Cinnabon Cinnamon Roll Cake comes in. All the delicious flavor of delicious Cinnabon cinnamon rolls in one easy-to-make cake (with ingredients you probably already have!).
How to make cinnabon Cinnamon Roll Cake:
Don’t let the words “cinnamon roll” scare you away! This cake is so simple and has just a few ingredients.
Step 1: Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Step 2: With a hand or stand mixer, combine flour, salt, sugar, baking powder, milk, eggs and vanilla. Once combined, mix in melted butter.
Step 3: Pour batter into a 9×13-inch baking pan sprayed with nonstick cooking spray.
Step 4: In a large bowl, mix together softened butter, brown sugar, flour and cinnamon until combined.
Step 5: Drop by spoonfuls over the batter and use a knife to swirl cinnamon topping into the cake for a marbling effect.
Step 6: Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
Step 7: Whisk together all glaze ingredients until smooth and drizzle over warm cake.
Step 8: Cut into slices and serve.
My kids thought this was the best cake ever. I love how the top gets a little bit of a crispy, sweet topping.
I love how light and fluffy this cake is!
My husband said this Cinnamon Roll Cake “melts in your mouth” and I have to agree!
The best homemade cinnamon roll recipe
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert and everything in-between.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
Six Sisters’ Stuff COPYCAT COOKING <—– Click here to order!
Other delicious cake recipes:
- One Bowl Chocolate Cake
- Sheet Pan Hawaiian Poke Cake
- Layered Pudding Cake
- Thin Mint Poke Cake
- The Best Carrot Cake
Cinnabon Cinnamon Roll Cake Recipe
- 3 cups flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/4 cup butter melted
- 4 Tablespoons butter softened
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 Tablespoons flour
- 1 Tablespoon cinnamon
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 5 Tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- With a hand or stand mixer, combine flour, salt, sugar, baking powder, milk, eggs and vanilla. Once combined, mix in melted butter.
- Pour batter into a 9 x 13 inch baking pan sprayed with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, mix together softened butter, brown sugar, flour and cinnamon until combined.
- Drop by spoonfuls over the batter and use a knife to swirl cinnamon topping into the cake for a marbling effect.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Whisk together all glaze ingredients until smooth and drizzle over warm cake.
- Cut into slices and serve.
Have you checked out our YouTube channel?