Every 4th of July, we head to our city’s parade and sit in the same spot our parents stake out every year. After the parade we walk through the park and taste all the delicious food being cooked up and browse through all the vendors peddling their wares. I seriously love it! We usually head home during the heat of the day for a barbecue before returning for fireworks in the evening. I knew my family would love this festive treat to help them cool down on a hot day!
4th Of July Jello Recipe
- 6 ounces red jello mix 1 box
- 6 ounces blue jello mix 1 box
- 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- 2 ounces Knox unflavored gelatin 2 (1 ounce) packets
- For each flavor, dissolve one box of Jello in 2 cups of boiling water. Pour into two separate 9x13" pans and chill for at least 3 hours, or overnight.
- After chilling the flavors, cut them into small squares. Mix both colors of Jello squares in one 9x13" pan. In a separate bowl, sprinkle 2 envelopes of unflavored gelatin into 1/2 cup cold water. Let the gelatin expand in the water for a few minutes, then add 1 1/2 cups boiling water and whisk together until the unflavored gelatin dissolves.
- Mix in the can of sweetened condensed milk, stir and let cool at room temperature. Once the milk mixture has cooled, pour over Jello squares in the 9x13" pan. Chill for a few hours until set up. Cut into blocks or shapes and serve.
- 9x13 Inch Baking Dish (2)
- Mixing Bowl