This Patriotic 4th of July Berry Trifle is the perfect dessert for summer! With lemon glazed angel food cake, cream cheese filling and fresh strawberries and blueberries your family and friends will be begging for seconds. We can call it a last-minute dessert. On the other hand, it is the easiest crowd-pleaser recipe you’ll ever have. Besides, the patriotic red and blue look will carry the value of the memorial day or 4th of July.
I love light and fruity desserts in the summertime. The last thing I want to do when it is hot outside, is to turn on my oven and bake.
How to Make 4th of July Berry Trifle:
This easy berries and cream trifle can be made ahead of time and kept in the fridge all day until you are ready to serve it.
Make the lemon glaze by whisking together sugar, lemon juice and water in a saucepan over medium-high heat.
Continue stirring until the sugar dissolves. Once the sugar is dissolved, remove from heat and whisk in almond extract.
Related Article: Our Fourth of July Patriot Popcorn is a delicious treat that can withstand the heat!
Cut angel food cake into slices. My slices were approximately 1-inch thick.
Brush the lemon glaze onto both sides of each slice of angel food cake. Continue brushing the glaze on until it is completely gone.
Cut each slice into 1-inch cubes and set aside.
Make the cream cheese filling by beating together sugar and softened cream cheese. Once combined, add heavy whipping cream. Beat cream on medium-high speed until light, fluffy and smooth.
After your cream is ready to go, wash the berries. Pat them dry with paper towels and slice the strawberries as desired.
Now that the cake, cream and berries are ready to go you can assemble your berry trifle.
Place half the angel food cake in the bottom of a trifle dish, sprinkle on an even layer of blueberries, spread half the cream cheese mixture over the blueberries and top with a layer of strawberries.
Repeat the layers (cake, blueberries, cream and strawberries). Sprinkle any remaining fruit on top.
Cover your trifle with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator until serving.
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert and everything in-between.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
Six Sisters’ Stuff COPYCAT COOKING <—– Click here to order!
4th of July Patriotic Berry Trifle Recipe
- ¼ cup sugar
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- ¼ cup water
- ¼ teaspoon almond extract
- 1 14 ounce prepared angel food cake
Cream Cheese Filling
- 16 ounces cream cheese 2 (8 ounce packages). softened
- ⅔ cup sugar
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 4 cups blueberries
- 4 cups strawberries sliced
- To make the lemon glaze, whisk together sugar, lemon juice, and water in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Continue stirring over heat until sugar dissolves.
- Once sugar is dissolved, remove from heat and whisk in almond extract; set aside.
- Cut angel food cake into 1-inch thick slices.
- Brush lemon glaze on each side of sliced cake.
- Cut glazed cake into 1-inch cubes; set aside.
- To make the cream cheese filling, beat together cream cheese and sugar with a mixer, on medium speed, until smooth. Add heavy whipping cream and beat until light and fluffy.
- Arrange half the cake on the bottom of a trifle dish.
- Sprinkle on an even layer of blueberries.
- Spread half the cream cheese mixture over the blueberries and top with a layer of strawberries.
- Repeat layers.
- Top with any remaining berries.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate before serving.
This could make about 10-12 individual servings or one large trifle.
- Hand or Stand Mixer
- Trifle Bowl
- Plastic Wrap
This post was included in our EASY 4 NO BAKE DESSERTS video – for more inexpensive and delicious recipes like this one, click here to check it out!
Have you checked out our YouTube channel?