My youngest daughter (she’s almost 2 years old) LOVES muffins for breakfast. She wakes up each morning asking for muffins.
I have gotten pretty good at whipping up a batch of muffins really quick and this recipe for Banana Oatmeal Muffins is one that I keep coming back to over and over because they turn out perfect every time.
I tried to make these as healthy as possible so that I can feel really good about feeding them to my family.
I will usually make a batch of these on Sunday night and then stick them in the freezer so that we have a quick go-to breakfast all week long!
Be sure to check out all the muffins we have on our site!!
How to freeze these muffins
After making the muffins, I will let them cool down and then I stick them in a gallon-sized resealable freezer bag.
I pull them out as we need them and pop them in the microwave for about 30 seconds to warm them up.
If I am really on top of my game in the morning, I will serve them with scrambled eggs and my kids have a protein-packed healthy breakfast to start their day with.
Additions you can mix-in to these muffins:
- mini chocolate chips
- chopped walnuts
- butterscotch chips
- drizzle with melted peanut butter
- peanut butter chips
- chopped peanuts
How to ripen bananas quickly
Sometimes I don’t have over-ripe bananas to use for this recipe, and the sweetness they add is key! So, here are some ways that you can quickly ripen the bananas you have:
- Brown Paper Bag: If you have 12-24 hours before you need the ripe bananas, place them in a brown paper bag. Close the top of the bag loosely and let the ripening magic happen!
- Oven: Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Place unpeeled bananas on a baking sheet and bake for 15-30 minutes, checking frequently (as soon as the peels become shiny and black, they are done!). Heat brings out the fruit’s sugar, so this is a great way to get them ripe in a hurry!
- Microwave: Use a fork to poke through the skin of the banana a few times on each side. Place banana in the microwave for 30 seconds. Let cool for a minute and check on how soft the banana is. If it is not ripe enough, microwave for another 15-30 seconds.
Our newest cookbook
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert and everything in-between.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
Six Sisters’ Stuff COPYCAT COOKING <—– Click here to order!
Other muffins recipes to try:
- Greek Yogurt Poppy Seed Muffins
- Chocolate Protein Muffins
- Famous Dave’s Cornbread Muffins
- Disney’s Pumpkin Muffins
- Chocolate Zucchini Muffins