I love soft sugar cookies! That is one treat I have NO control of. If you are looking for an easy sugar cookie recipe, you have got to try these cookies!
Super Soft Sugar Cookies
Soft and chewy sugar cookies that come out perfect every time!
10 minPrep Time
10 minCook Time
20 minTotal Time
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 3 Tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/2 Tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3 Tablespoons milk
- In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar.
- Mix in eggs and vanilla until combined.
- Add salt, baking powder and flour and mix until well incorporated.
- Cover dough bowl with plastic wrap and chill in the refrigerator for one hour.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- Roll cookies into 1-inch balls and flatten with the bottom of a drinking glass until 1/4-inch thick.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until slightly golden brown on the bottom.
- Let cool completely.
- In a stand mixer or large mixing bowl, beat together powdered sugar and butter until creamy. Mix in vanilla and milk until smooth.
- Frost cooled cookies with frosting and top with sprinkles, if desired.
Six Sisters Stuff