These frosted sugar cookie bars are going to change your sugar cookie game forever.
Traditional sugar cookies require rolling out the dough, cutting out the cookies, baking, cooling, making frosting and decorating them.
That’s just way too much work for me!
These Frosted Sugar Cookie Bars have all the delicious flavor and texture of traditional sugar cookies, but with a fraction of the work.
I love that I can use a sheet pan for these Frosted Sugar Cookie Bars because it’s easy clean up and makes enough to feed a crowd.
These Sugar Cookie Bars are perfect to bring to a party or potluck and you can change the color of the frosting and sprinkles, depending on the time of year or holiday.
Looking for another delicious recipe? Try our Homemade Twix Bars!
How To Make Frosted Sugar Cookie Bars:
You won’t believe how easy it is to make these Frosted Sugar Cookie Bars.
The only equipment I really use to make these is a mixing bowl, hand mixer, rubber spatula and a half sheet pan.
While your oven is preheating to 375 degrees F, cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
Next, beat in 4 eggs one at a time, mixing after each egg is added.
Add vanilla extract and mix until well combined.
Rather than sifting the dry ingredients together, you can simply add the flour, salt and baking soda directly to the bowl at the same time and mix until well combined.
Press the dough into a half baking sheet that has been sprayed with nonstick cooking spray. The dough will be thick so, using your hands is usually the best way to do that.
Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until the bars are barely golden brown.
While the bars are cooling, make the frosting by combining all the frosting ingredients and use a hand or stand mixer to beat until light and fluffy.
Spread the frosting in an even layer on top of cooled sugar cookie bars and top with sprinkles, if desired.
Cut into bars and serve.
Other delicious sugar cookie recipes:
- Soft Vanilla Cookies
- Sprinkle Sugar Cookies
- Cake Mix Sugar Cookies
- Sugar Cookie Truffles
- Lemon Sugar Cookies
Frosted Sugar Cookie Bars Recipe
Sugar Cookie Bars
- 1 cup butter softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 3/4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 3 Tablespoons milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- pink food coloring
- sprinkles for topping
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar until fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, mixing after each egg.
- Mix in vanilla.
- Beat in flour, salt and baking soda until well combined.
- Spread and press dough onto a half sheet pan (18"x13"x1") sprayed with nonstick cooking spray.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until just golden brown; let cool completely.
- In a large bowl using a hand mixer or a stand mixer, combine all frosting ingredients and beat until light and fluffy.
- Spread frosting in an even layer on cooled cookie bars and top with sprinkles, if desired.
- If you double it, you would need to put it in 2 cookie sheet pans. A double batch in one pan would have a hard time cooking all the way through.
- Large Mixing Bowl
- Half Sheet Pan
- Mixing Bowl