I don’t think you ever outgrow loving sprinkles on your dessert. There is something magical about sprinkles!
Our kids love them on cupcakes, ice cream sundaes, cookies, even pancakes on occasion! These cute sprinkle sugar cookies bring a smile to your face and your kids will love them. Of course they will, they are covered in sprinkles!
How to make perfect soft sugar cookies
- In a medium sized bowl cream room temperature butter, sugar and egg and until well combined creamy.
- Then add in vanilla, baking soda, cream of tartar, salt, and sour cream. Stir until well blended.
- Now stir in the flour. You don’t want the dough to be sticky, so if it’s a little sticky add in an extra 1/8 cup. This will probably vary every time you make them!
- Roll dough into 1 inch balls and then roll in the sprinkles. We’ve found this to be the easiest when we put the sprinkles on a small plate and roll the dough there.
- Set on an ungreased baking sheet or baking mat. Here’s our favorite baking mat if you don’t have one!
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10-11 minutes.
- Let cool for a few minutes then remove from cookie sheet and place on a wire rack or paper towel to finish cooling.
COULD I SHAPE THESE COOKIES WITH A COOKIE CUTTER?
This dough is extremely soft. It isn’t like your other sugar cookie recipes. It would be really difficult to roll this dough out with a rolling pin.
We wouldn’t recommend it, but if you add a little more flour, to thicken the consistency of the cookie dough, you could roll it out a little easier.
Again, this is not recommended, and the sugar cookies will lose their soft texture and sweet taste.
If you’re looking for a good cookie cutter sugar cookie recipe, be sure to check out our Valentine’s Sugar Cookies, this dough can be used with any cookie cutter!
have you seen our new cookbook?
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert and everything in-between.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
Six Sisters’ Stuff COPYCAT COOKING <—– Click here to order!
More Sugar cookies on Six Sisters’ Stuff
Have you checked out our YouTube channel?
In this video we’re showing you how to make our delicious Mini Sugar Cookie Fruit Pizzas!