My family constantly harasses me for not liking chocolate. I’ve never been tempted by a chocolate chip cookie, or a piece of chocolate cake, but place anything lemon in front of me and I can’t help myself.
These Lemon Sugar Cookies were no different. I’m already planning on making another batch later this week.
I am a huge lemon fan, and these definitely have my stamp of approval. They are extremely easy to make as well. They only require a few simple ingredients, you probably already have on hand.
They are the perfect spring or summer snack, and have the yummiest citrus flavor to them. If you have never been interested in lemon desserts, I promise this one is one you are going to want to try.
Why is my dough sticky?
There could be many reasons as to why your dough is sticky, which will be a problem when cooking.
The number one mistake that people make, when making these cookies is the softened butter. A lot of people think this means microwave your butter, however, this is not what that means.
Softened butter often means room temperature butter, which is what you will want for this recipe. You do not want to melt any of your butter.
Here are some tips, to making these cookies:
- Plan ahead of time. We usually always have butter softened for our bread, or toast. When I need a quick cookie recipe, I will usually use that butter, instead of pulling a stick out of the fridge, and waiting for it to thaw.
- Cut it up into smaller pieces. If you did just pull our butter out of the fridge, you may want to cut it into smaller pieces and allow it to thaw a little better and quicker.
- Place it in the sun for a little bit. If it’s a warm sunny day, you could also put it by the window, in hopes of some solar warming. Again, you don’t want to melt it, but just have it soft enough that you could cut through it easily with a plastic knife.
- For this recipe, it’s also important you add the ingredients in the correct order. If you follow the instructions, and use room temperature butter, and add the ingredients as instructed, your cookies will be perfect.
Related Recipe: If you love root beer and cookies, you’ll be head over heels for our ROOT BEER FLOAT COOKIES!
Did you know we have a Youtube Channel?
We have hundreds of simple and delicious recipes, your family is going to love. We take you through each recipe, step by step, and show you exactly how to make them.
Each recipe is tried and true, so you know your family will love them. Even the picky eaters will go crazy for these recipes.
We’ve got you covered from desserts, snacks, appetizers, main dishes, side dishes, drinks, and everything in-between.
looking for more lemon desserts? here are a few of our favorites:
- No Bake Lemon Cookie Truffles
- Easy Lemon Sheetcake
- The Best Homemade Lemon Bars
- Healthy Greek Yogurt Lemon Poppyseed Muffins
- Frozen Lemon Fluff Dessert
Lemon Sugar Cookies Recipe
- 1 cup butter softened
- 1½ cups sugar
- 1 egg
- 2½ cups flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 lemon zested
- 1 lemon juiced
- ½ cup sugar for rolling
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream together butter and sugar until smooth.
- Stir in egg and mix until blended.
- Mix in flour, baking powder, salt, vanilla, lemon zest, and lemon juice. Refrigerate dough for 20 minutes.
- Roll into one inch balls and roll in sugar.
- Place on baking sheet and press down slightly.
- Bake for 8 minutes or until slightly golden. Be careful not to overcook, they won't be as soft!
Be sure to not miss another recipe!
Follow Six Sisters’ Stuff on Instagram | Facebook | Pinterest | YouTube
check out our new cookbook
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert and everything in-between.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
Six Sisters’ Stuff COPYCAT COOKING <—– Click here to order!
Questions & Reviews