would these work as a bar, in a 9×13 inch pan?
I have only made these cookies, in individual cookies. However, if you are looking to make these into a bar, they would work out nicely.
You will need to adjust the cooking time to about 20 minutes, and continue to check them, to be sure they don’t burn, but I am sure they would work great, baking them in a pan.
These would also be delicious with a light glaze on them, whether they are made into bars or cookies.
I prefer making them into cookies, and adding just a simple powdered sugar glaze on them, but they are delicious as is, as well.
the best way to get lime juice out of limes:
Squeezing out lime juice always gets a little frustrating to me. I feel like I am squeezing so hard, and yet, hardly getting any lime juice out.
But, I have recently found the secret.
All you have to do is put a lime on a small plate or in a small bowl, and microwave it for about 20 seconds.
Remove it from the microwave, roll it on your counter, and slice into it. You can then squeeze it all out, and get almost double the juice out, just with using your hand.
My husband like to press a spoon in it, but I have found just fisting it, works great (with clean hands of course).
watch how to make another favorite dessert recipe, here:
This Snickers Trifle is so delicious, and so easy to throw together when you need something quick. Also, it is beautiful.
The thing I love about trifles is how beautiful they look, no matter how messy they may look. They will always look delicious and irresistible. Watch how to make this recipe, here:
looking for more desserts? here are a few of our favorite:
Chewy Coconut Lime Sugar Cookies Recipe
- 2¾ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter softened
- 1½ cups white sugar
- 1 egg
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- zest of 1 large lime finely minced
- 3 Tablespoons lime juice
- ½ cup unsweetened toasted coconut
- ½ cup sugar for rolling cookies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper. If you haven't already toasted your coconut just put a layer of coconut on a cookie sheet and bake it at 350 degrees for 5-7 minutes. Watch out. It goes from white to burnt really quick if you aren't watching closely.
- In a small bowl, stir together flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- Using a mixer, beat together the butter and sugar until smooth and very fluffy.
- Beat in egg, vanilla extract, lime juice and lime zest.
- Gradually blend in the dry ingredients and toasted coconut.
- Roll rounded teaspoonfuls of dough into balls, and roll in sugar. Place on lined cookie sheets about 1 1/2 inches apart. I made mine too big and they ran together. These do spread quite a bit.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven, or until lightly browned.
- Let stand on cookie sheet two minutes before removing to cool on wire racks.
- Cookie Sheet
- parchment paper
- small bowl
- Electric Mixer
- Cooling Rack
(Recipe from The Girl Who Ate Everything)
Our newest cookbook
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert and everything in-between.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
Questions & Reviews
I'll save this one for later!
I don't know exactly why they didn't work out. I am so sorry about that! I would try to add a little less flour next time and see if that works.
This makes around 24-30 cookies depending on the size you make them.
Budget Earth - Baked Acorn Squash Recipe
I have stored them in a Ziploc freezer bag for a few weeks and thawed them when we wanted a few and they still taste great! Hope you like them!