Now that we know that chocolate is really a healthy food, this dessert also qualifies as healthy because it’s loaded with strawberries and nuts.
(Oh, how I wish that were true)
But really though- life is about being happy. And happiness often comes in the form of dessert. I am a firm believer of moderation in all things and dessert every now and again is good for the soul.
And this dessert is extremely good for the soul. It’s creamy, frozen, has fresh strawberries, and a nutty crust that tastes like cookies. What more could you want?
This recipe only requires a little baking, and you don’t have to heat up your entire home to make it, so it is definitely summer approved.
This would be the perfect dessert for a summer barbecue or even birthday. I had this on my birthday last year, and I have been craving it ever since, so I had to make it again.
what could i make the crust out of, if i don’t like nuts?
This crust is nut based, and it is delicious. I have to admit, I am not a nut person, but this crust is actually amazing.
However, if you really hate nuts, or are allergic to them, we recommend using a graham cracker crust base.
You don’t even need to bake it. Simply combine butter and graham crackers, and press it into the bottom of the pan, then follow the recipe as directed.
If you are looking for a graham cracker crust recipe to fit a 9 x13 inch pan, here is one of our favorites from our Frosted Graham Cracker Bars.
We also recommend trying doubling our Snickers Bar Pie, graham cracker crust recipe, to fit a 9 x 13 inch pan.
how do i store this?
This is best stored in the freezer. We don’t recommend refrigerating, but we do recommend placing it on the counter 10 minutes before serving to allow it to thaw a little bit.
have you heard about our restaurant copycat cookbook?
Have you heard about our newest cookbook,Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
Thiscookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert and everything in-between.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
Six Sisters’ Stuff COPYCAT COOKING <—– Click here to order!
have a sweet tooth? We have just the cure. Watch how to make our favorite dessert, here:
Did you know we have a Youtube Channel? We created it just for you. We wanted to show you how simple and delicious our recipes are.
We take you through each recipe, step by step, and show you exactly how to make it. We answer all your questions, and help you get the recipe, perfect, each and every time you make it.
If you are looking for more simple and delicious recipes, head over to our channel and check them out.
We love baking, and one of our favorite things to bake is our, Mom’s Famous Marshmallow Brownies.
Watch how to make our Mom’s Famous Marshmallow Brownies, here:
looking for more dessert recipes? here are a few of our favorite:
Fluffy Frozen Strawberry Dessert Recipe
- 1 cup flour
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup butter melted
- ½ cup walnuts chopped
- 2 cups strawberries diced
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 8 ounces cool whip 1 container
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar, butter, and walnuts. Mix together and spread out on a large cookie sheet I used a 15 x 10 x 2
- Cook for about 15 minutes, stirring 2-3 times during baking. Let cool for about 5-10 minutes, remove 1/2 cup to use for later, and press the rest of the nut mixture into a 9 x 13 baking pan that has been sprayed with non-stick cooking spray. baking sheet.
- In another bowl, mix together strawberries, sugar, and lemon juice. Fold in the Cool-Whip and spread over the cooled crust.
- Top with the reserved 1/2 cup of nut mixture, sprinkled over the strawberry filling.
- Cover and place in the freezer for at least 6 hours.
- This is best stored in the freezer. We don’t recommend refrigerating, but we do recommend placing it on the counter 10 minutes before serving to allow it to thaw a little bit.
- Mixing Bowl
- 15x10x2 Sheet Pan
- 9x13 Inch Baking Dish
- Small Mixing Bowl
Recipe adapted from Taste of Home