In honor of the release of our newest cookbook, 12 Days of Christmas with Six Sisters? Stuff, we hosted a recipe contest to find YOUR favorite holiday recipes! After a lot of baking, cooking and sampling we have chosen 12 of our reader?s favorite recipes! Thanks to everyone who participated!
Today we are featuring this Chocolate Bacon recipe from Melody Gravitt of Oklahoma! When Melody first heard of this chocolate covered bacon she admitted that she almost gagged! But she found it to be surprisingly delicious. Salty and sweet never tasted so good together. It makes a great gift or perfect for a bazaar or bake sale. This recipe was a winner in a contest by Oklahoma News Channel 6 and the Oklahoma Pork Council. I think you will be surprised at how easy and delicious this recipe is!! You’ll be hooked on Chocolate Bacon!
Chocolate Bacon Recipe
- 16 ounces thick sliced bacon
- 11½ ounces chocolate chips (milk or semi sweet)
- 2 Tablespoons shortening
- Heat oven to 400 degrees. Place bacon on a cookie sheet and bake for 20 minutes. The crispier, the better.
- Once the bacon is cooked, blot it with some paper towels to absorb the grease and remove from pan to cool.
- Place chocolate chips and shortening in a microwave safe bowl and microwave at 30 second intervals stirring often until smooth and completely melted.
- Using a pastry brush or the backside of a teaspoon coat one side of the bacon completely. When that side is dry, turn it over and coat the other side. (optional: can add holiday sprinkles)
- Eat them or package them up for gift giving.
Questions & Reviews