I’ve been testing out freezer meals to get ready for these babies to come. This has been by FAR one of my favorite. I always love the frozen breakfast sandwiches (let’s be honest – I eat those way too often!), so I decided to make my own. I was pleasantly surprised with the result, and my hubby gave them two thumbs up. Now just to make them in bulk for after the babies are born… 😉
Bagel Breakfast Sandwiches (Freezer Meal) Recipe
- 6 bagels (any flavor, we just used plain)
- 6 slices cheese (We used cheddar)
- 12 slices deli ham
- 6 large eggs
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a small bowl, beat one egg and add in a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Spray a small, microwaveable bowl (I used a glass pyrex container that was about the size of the bagel) with cooking spray. Pour egg into bowl and microwave for 60 seconds (or until cooked through). Remove and set aside, and repeat for other 5 eggs.
- Split the bagels in half and top one half of each bagel with one egg, one slice of cheese, and 2 slices of ham. Replace the top of the bagel.
- Serve warm.