I’ve explained my love of Brussels sprouts before (especially after eating a ton of these honey sriracha ones!). I’d never had them in a salad until a few weeks ago when I went out to eat and I’ve been thinking about it ever since!
When you finely chop the kale AND the brussels sprouts in this salad, it makes it about 1000% more edible, in my opinion.
Add the homemade dressing and craisins, and you really don’t even feel like you’re eating a salad that is PACKED with nutrients.
The flavors of the two greens complement each other and put a little dressing on the salad and you’ve got yourself a delicious side, or make it a main dish and put a little chicken on it.
how to make kale and Brussels Sprouts salad
Step 1: In a medium bowl, mix together kale, brussels sprouts, craisins and almonds. Set aside.
Step 2: In a small bowl, mix together lemon juice, mustard, onion, salt, pepper, and olive oil.
Step 3: Pour over kale mixture and toss to coat evenly.
Step 4: Garnish with Parmesan cheese and serve.
Related recipe: If you love this Brussels Sprout Salad, you’ll love our Honey Dijon Brussels Sprouts.
other fruits that would taste good on this salad
The raisins in the salad really give the salad some pop. I love putting fruit in my salad. With this zesty salad dressing, you could easily top it with a variety of different fruits.
- Berry Salad. Go for the berries. Strawberries, blueberries, blackberries and raspberries would all be delicious on this. You could pick one type of berry to put on it, but I love salad with variety. It gives it a whole new taste and it will be a food your tastebuds will be excited about
- Citrus Salad. Go for some mandarin oranges or naval orange slices. You could also do clementines. All of these citrus fruits would taste delicious on this salad.
- Melon Salad. If you have never had cantaloupe or honey due melon on your salad, you need to try it at once. I also highly recommend adding some fresh mozzarella cheese balls with the cantaloupe. It’s a beautiful combination and this homemade salad dressing compliments it nicely.
- Dried Fruits. Dried or dehydrated fruits are also delicious on this salad. If you don’t like craisins you could try raisins or dates, but I prefer using dried cherries. They put them on the Superfood Side Salad at Chick Fil A, and I have been putting them on my personal salads ever since.
how to turn a salad into a main dish
Turning a salad into a main dish is simple. All you need is a little protein and a little more crunch. We recommend adding meats such as steak, chicken, or salmon. Any of those three meats would taste delicious grilled and sliced on this salad.
You could also add some croutons to give it a little more carbs, to make the salad more filling. I am not a crouton lover personally, but my husband eats croutons with his salad, not a salad with croutons. To each their own.
did you know we have a youtube channel?
We have hundreds of simple and delicious recipes your family will love. Each recipe is tried and true so you know they are tasty.
We take you through each recipe, and show you how to make it, step by step. That way you won’t have any kitchen fails and your guests will be amazed at the presentation.
looking for more delicious salad recipes?
Kale and Brussels Sprouts Salad Recipe
- 1 bunch kale finely chopped
- 1 pound brussels sprouts finely chopped
- 1 cup craisins
- ⅓ cup sliced roasted almonds
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 2 Tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 green onion finely diced
- salt & pepper to taste
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- ⅓ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a medium bowl, mix together kale, brussels sprouts, Craisins and almonds. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix together lemon juice, mustard, onion, salt, pepper, and olive oil.
- Pour over kale mixture and toss to coat evenly.
- Garnish with Parmesan cheese and serve.
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert and everything in-between.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
Six Sisters’ Stuff COPYCAT COOKING <—– Click here to order!