If you are looking for the perfect side dish for any dinner or holiday, then look no further than this Slow Cooker Scalloped Potatoes recipe.
These potatoes can cook while you prepare the rest of your dinner.
They only take a few minutes to assemble and taste amazing.
It’s perfect for a big dinner because it will give you so much more oven space since it’s all done in the slow cooker.
It’s one of our favorite side dishes for Sunday dinners and holidays.
Be sure and try our Twice Baked Potato Casserole too.
Looking for more side dishes? Here are 60 of our favorite Christmas Dinner Sides to eat with Beef Tenderloin!
Can you use other types of potatoes?
We use red potatoes in our recipe Slow Cooker Scalloped Potatoes, but you could use other potatoes. Here are a few options –
- Russet Potatoes – They are also known as Idaho potatoes. Great for baking, mashing, and casseroles.
- Golden Yukon – These potatoes are a version of a white potato. Their golden flesh has a delicious buttery taste.
- White Potatoes – These are also known as an all purpose potato. They have a yellow or white flesh.
- Fingerling Potatoes – They are small, but still work. You can even leave the skins on.
If you are looking for a recipe that uses frozen hashbrown potatoes, be sure to check out our Mom’s AMAZING Slow Cooker Cheesy Potatoes!
How long do these Slow Cooker Scalloped Potatoes need to cook?
After you get these slow cooker scalloped potatoes in the slow cooker, then the slow cooker will do the rest of the work for you.
They cook on high for about 3-5 hours or on low for 7-8 hours.
If your potatoes get done before the rest of your meal is ready, no problem. Just turn your slow cooker to the “warm” setting and you’ll be fine for another hour.
You can serve these potatoes right out of the slow cooker, or transfer them to a serving dish. And if you are lucky enough to have leftovers, they store great in an airtight container in the fridge.
How to make slow cooker scalloped potatoes:
Only a few ingredients need to make these Slow Cooker Scalloped Potatoes. They take simple ingredients that you may aready have on hand.
- Wash the potatoes and slice thin. You can leave the skins on if using red potatoes. We peeled our potatoes.
- In another bowl mix together sour cream, cream of potato soup, and Worcestershire sauce.
- Add the thinly sliced potatoes and mix in well until all are well coated.
- Spoon half of the potato mixture into the slow cooker that has been lightly sprayed with non stick cooking spray.
- Top with 3/4 of the shredded cheese.
- Repeat layers with remaining potatoes and cheese.
- Cover and cook on high for 3-5 hours or low for 7-8 hours.
- Serve topped with paprika and chopped chives.
Items used in making Slow Cooker Scalloped Potatoes
- Slow Cooker – You’ll love this programmable 8 quart slow cooker. So easy to set time as you go to work.
- Mixing Bowl Set – This mixing bowl set has non slip grip on the bottom.
- Mixing Spoons – This silicone mixing spoon can withstand high heat.
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert, and everything in-between.
SIX SISTERS’ STUFF COPYCAT COOKING <—– CLICK HERE TO ORDER!
Check out more of our potato side dish recipes here:
- Cheesy Bacon Potatoes
- Roasted Baby Potatoes
- Slow Cooker Cheesy Potatoes
- Twice Baked Bacon and Chive Sweet Potatoes
- Easy Breakfast Skillet Potatoes
- Mom’s Cheese Potatoes
Slow Cooker Scalloped Potatoes Recipe
- 2 pounds small red potatoes (you can peel if you want)
- 1 cup sour cream (I used fat free)
- 10.5 ounces cream of potato soup 1 can
- 1 Tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1½ cups shredded cheddar cheese
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- 3 Tablespoons chopped fresh chives optional topping
- Thinly slice potatoes and set aside.
- Mix sour cream, can of potato soup and Worcestershire sauce together in a large bowl.
- Add thinly sliced potatoes to the mixture and mix until all potatoes are well coated.
- Spoon 1/2 of the potato mixture into a crock pot sprayed with cooking spray.
- Top with 3/4 cup of shredded cheese. Repeat layer with remaining potatoes and cheese.
- Cook on HIGH for 3.5 to 4.5 hours (or on LOW 7 to 8 hours).
- Serve topped with a sprinkle of paprika and chives.
- You can serve these potatoes right out of the slow cooker, or transfer them to a serving dish. And if you are lucky enough to have leftovers, they store great in an airtight container in the fridge.
- Large Bowl
- Slow Cooker
- Non-stick Cooking Spray
Adapted from Sugar Cooking