Need a quick new breakfast this week? These Skillet Breakfast Potatoes are fast, easy, and they only take one pan! I like them best served with warm tortillas. Happy Monday!
If you like skillet potatoes, try our Red Skillet Potatoes Recipe! It’s the perfect side dish!
Easy Skillet Breakfast Potatoes Recipe
- 3 large baking potatoes
- 6 slices bacon cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 cup onion diced
- 1 (4 ounce) can green chilies chopped
- 1½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Wash your potatoes and then pierce several times with a fork. Cook in the microwave for 10-15 minutes or until fork tender. Remove and allow to cool.
- While the potatoes are cooking, cook the bacon in a frying pan or large skillet over medium heat. Cook until crisp and then remove and place on a paper towel lined plate.
- Place onions and green chiles in the pan with bacon grease and saute until the onions are translucent. Next, dice the potatoes and then place in the pan. Add salt and pepper and then stir around, breaking up any large pieces. Add cheese and bacon on top and turn heat to low and allow to cook until the cheese is melted.
- Serve them with warm tortillas or with eggs.