For one of the best cheese soup recipes, you have found the right one with our slow cooker nacho grande soup! It is so cheesy, beefy, and filled with all of those delicious taco seasonings.
You will easily add this to your favorite family recipe list after you’ve had it for the first time. It will please even the pickiest eater and fill up the hungriest (or hangriest) one at the table.
I know there are so many good slow cooker recipes out there, but I promise you will not be disappointed you chose this one. The only thing you might be sad about is that you didn’t find it sooner to be able to enjoy the creamy, cheesy, spicy (only a little), goodness that this recipe produces.
I’ll admit, soups can be kind of hard to make a meal out of sometimes, but with this one I like to serve it with some tortilla chips, and easy southwest salad, homemade french bread (perfect for dipping!), and homemade fried ice cream (without the frying) and will you have yourself an absolutely wonderful meal!
Ingredients You’ll Need For This Slow Cooker Nacho Grande Soup Recipe:
- Ground beef
- Minced garlic
- Taco seasoning
- Condensed cheddar cheese soup (THIS kind of soup is used in this recipe)
- Diced tomatoes and green chilis (like Rotel)
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Crushed tortilla chip
- Sour cream
How To Make This Slow Cooker Nacho Grande Soup Recipe:
In a medium skillet cook the ground beef with the diced onion, and minced garlic over medium-high heat until the meat is fully browned and cooked all the way through.
Then strain the meat to discard any fat.
Now, in your slow cooker prepare the inside by spraying it down with nonstick cooking spray.
Once the slow cooker is ready, pour in the browned meat and onion mixture.
Then add the taco seasoning, cheddar cheese soup, a can of diced tomatoes with chilies (do not drain the can!), milk, and 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese.
Stir everything together and turn the slow cooker on low for 3-4 hours (and up to 4 additional hours on the warm setting) to cook it all together.
Once the soup is done cooking, just give it a good stir before serving!
Then use a ladle to scoop the nacho grande soup into a bowl and top it off with some crushed tortilla chips, shredded cheddar cheese, and some sour cream!
To Make This Family Favorite Recipe You Will Need:
- Slow cooker
- Can opener
- Medium-sized skillet
- Nonstick cooking spray
How To Make This on The Stovetop
You can also make this just on your stovetop by browning the beef, onion, and garlic together over medium-high heat until they are thoroughly cooked. Then in a large pot, add all ingredients together and heat over them on medium-high heat for about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Make sure to stir well before serving.
Related Recipe: Try our Cheesy Southwest Chicken Soup!
Make Your Own Tortilla Chips for Dipping!
Making your own tortilla chips does not have to be hard. It’s actually quite simple once you know what you’re doing. I even love to make them with my kids and get cookie cutters to make fun shapes.
When you are ready to make some delicious tortilla chips, check out Simply Recipes’ homemade tortilla chip recipe to get started!
Want More Easy Dinner Ideas?
Join our email list today and we will send you a FREE ebook of our favorite dinner recipes – plus we will send you recipes each week to help make your dinner planning easier!
Join today by CLICKING HERE.
Have you checked out our YouTube channel? We show you how to make our favorite recipes right in our own kitchens!
Our most popular cookbook – Dinner Made Easy – is all about quick, easy, and delicious family dinner entrees. We did all the organization, all the taste-testing with picky kids, and all the hacks to cut the prep time so that you can focus on spending more time with your family.
The complete family meal game plan in this cookbook is arranged in seven popular categories:
- 30 Minutes or Less
- 5 Ingredients or Less
- Pantry Essentials
- Slow Cooker
- Freezer Meals
- One Pan, One Pot
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
DINNER MADE EASY with Six Sisters’ Stuff <—– Click here to order!
Love cooking as much as we do? Join our FREE private Facebook Group: Six Sisters’ Dinner Club!
Slow Things Down This Holiday Season With Amazing Slow Cooker Recipes!
- Slow Cooker Chunky Roast Stew Recipe
- Slow Cooker Creamy Chicken Noodle Soup Recipe
- Slow Cooker Healthy King Ranch Chicken Soup
- Slow Cooker Chicken Enchilada Soup (Cafe Zupas Copycat) Recipe
- Slow Cooker 3 Cheese Broccoli Soup Recipe
- The BEST Slow Cooker Beef Stew
Slow Cooker Nacho Grande Soup Recipe
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion diced
- 1 teaspoon garlic minced
- 1 ounce package taco seasoning (I used low sodium)
- 1 (10 ounce) can condensed cheddar cheese soup
- 1 (10 ounce) can diced tomatoes and green chilis (do not drain)
- 1½ cups milk
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese (divided)
- 1½ cups crushed tortilla chips (for topping)
- ½ cup sour cream
- salt and pepper, to taste
- In a skillet, cook ground beef, onion, and garlic over medium-high heat until thoroughly cooked; drain.
- Spray slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place cooked meat mixture in slow cooker. Add taco seasoning, cheddar cheese soup, tomatoes, milk, and 1 cup shredded cheese. Stir together and cook on low for 3-4 hours. (This soup can also be kept on a warm setting for an additional 4 hours).
- Stir before serving.
- Top individual servings with crushed tortilla chips, shredded cheese, and sour cream.
- You can also make this just on your stove top. Brown the beef, onion, and garlic over medium-high heat until thoroughly cooked. Then in a large pot, add all ingredients and heat over medium-high heat for about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir well before serving.
- Slow Cooker
- Can Opener
- Medium Skillet
- Non-stick Cooking Spray
Adapted from Pillsbury.
If you made our recipe be sure to tag us on Instagram so we can see your hard work using #sixsistersstuff