So, I’m still trying to eat healthier and this is my go-to salad recipe. I’ve been making it for years. You could also change it around to your liking.
It’s just a few simple ingredients tossed together, and it makes the perfect lunch or dinner when you’re in a rush.
It’s a great catch-all, too, so if you have a lot of veggies you need to eat before they go bad, chop them up and throw them in.
what other toppings would be good on this salad?
I am all about my salad toppings. The more toppings you have, the less you can taste all that spinach, so go crazy with the toppings.
Here are a few more toppings, I highly recommend:
- Sour Cream (you could also use plain Greek yogurt as a substitute)
- Cheese (I like pepper jack, or feta cheese on this salad)
- Rice (you could also use quinoa)
- Diced bell peppers or jalapeños
We love how colorful this salad is, and with the veggies, beans, and chicken – it’s full of good-for-you foods that will leave you feeling satisfied and full (unlike some other salads!)
You can top it with any kind of salad dressing you like, but our current favorite is this Avocado Cilantro Greek Yogurt Dressing. It only has 50 calories per serving and tastes AMAZING.
looking to make your own dressing?
I am all about a healthy alternative, however, every once in a while, you just need the good stuff. Here in Utah, we have a restaurant called Cafe Rio.
It has the most amazing and delicious Cilantro Lime Ranch recipe. We did some research, as well as a lot of taste testing, and we have finally created a replica.
You have to try our Homemade Cilantro Lime Ranch recipe. It goes on just about everything.
We also love eating it with burritos, quesadillas, grilled chicken, enchiladas, fajitas, sandwiches, etc.
Click, here, for the recipe.
have you heard about our new cookbook?
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert and everything in-between.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
looking for more salad recipes? here are a few of our favorite:
- Winter Cranberry Apple Salad
- 5 Minute Pistachio Salad
- Cucumber Salad
- Skinny Chicken Salad Sandwiches
- The Best Homemade Pasta Salad
Easy Southwest Salad Recipe
- 9 ounces romaine lettuce salad (or spinach)
- 1 avocado diced
- 1 tomato diced
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans (rinsed and drained)
- 1 (7 ounce) can corn
- 1 (3 ounce) can olives sliced
- 1½ cups cooked chicken (diced) (I used the pre-cooked southwestern seasoned chicken in the deli section)
- 6 ounces salad dressing (your choice of flavor)
- Mix everything together and serve with your favorite salad dressing.